All you Dime Hunter and Jokesters - Joke is on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took this week off for a surgical procedure that is being done tomorrow at 8:00. To get my mind off of it I decided that it
was Road Trip Time!!!!!!!!!!!! Drove about 60 miles total and really didn't find anything but 3 68 40% kennedy's. Last
stop was right before my dump bank and I stopped in on a whim. No halves to be had so I asked for Customer Rolled Dimes.
The teller told me that she only had six available, did I want them. Well the answer of course is "YES"...:laughing7:

**Breakdown of years and MM's are in the thread further down**

Got out to my car and the first three that I looked at were these:

0820121443.jpg

Thought someone/somebody was playing a nice practical joke on the next CRH who happened to stop by. I didn't even
bother to open them right there because I knew it was just a cruel joke. Went to my dump bank and dumped what little
I had and headed home to check out the sixty dollars in Dimes.

First three rolls were skunks then I got to the three above. For those of you with a Pace Maker or are on High Blood Pressure
medicine please stop reading here, I refuse to be responsible for what happens after you see the next pic's.

First roll marked ROS-Silver:

downsized_0820121444a.jpg

Could my luck be holding as I ripped apart roll number two of the ROS-Silver marked rool:

downsized_0820121502.jpg

Now I am really drooling as I try to rip open the Merc-Silver roll:

downsized_0820121503.jpg

Had to go outside and have a nice glass of COLD COLD water to cool down and of course a little cig...

Here is the take, 150 Silver US Dimes. 100 Roosevelt and 50 Winged Liberty Dimes.

downsized_0820121504.jpg

The silver Gods are smiling on me right now, hope it stays that way.
It will be at least three weeks before I can hit a window where I can get out again. This
will just have to hold me till then.

10.85 Toz of the ever so sweet hunting.

Rileyboy sums it up nicely - "It is still out there" - Used with copyright authority, Rileyboy enterprises 2012. :laughing7:

**UPDATE**

From the breakdown of the dates, it would appear that this was somebodys collection that got turned in. I am only doing the Winged Liberties, I already have a full Roosevelt Dansco in BU/Proof so they are merely junk silver.

1916-S (Heart about stopped when I seen the 1916, but alas the "S" was there just as big as all get out)
1925 X 2
1937 X 2
1938-D
1939-D
1940 X2
1940-D
1941 X 4
1941-S
1942 X 6
1943 X 5
1943-S
1944 X 5
1944-S
1945 X 5
1945-S X 3

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UNREAL, congrats! How could someone possibly dump those rolls when it says SILVER right in the roll ???? Lol . I am jealous!
Weeeeeeeeeeee!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wholee Khrap! :headbang: Congratulations!

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think the person who dropped those rolls off had any idea what was in them?

That is one great find

I can hear it now. Honey, do you know where those 3 roll of dimes I had in my closet have gone to I was just looking at them last week and cannot find them now!

I needed some gas money so I turned them in at the bank dear!
Hope you do not mind.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am to wired to check dates right now. I will have to do that tonight or Wednesday depending on how I feel.

Happy hunting everyone.

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think the person who dropped those rolls off had any idea what was in them?

That is one great find

I can hear it now. Honey, do you know where those 3 roll of dimes I had in my closet have gone to I was just looking at them last week and cannot find them now!

I needed some gas money so I turned them in at the bank dear!

Some CRH's have been known to write that on the rolls of clad they turn in. Don't ask me how I know......
Teller probably didn't even think anything of it.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
AWESOME. Gotta love those hand rolled rolls. :-) I ALWAYS get hand rolled over brinks (Or whomever) rolled!

Way to go!!

(Will help pay your portion of your surgeryt his week too)

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME. Gotta love those hand rolled rolls. :-) I ALWAYS get hand rolled over brinks (Or whomever) rolled!

Way to go!!

(Will help pay your portion of your surgeryt his week too)

That it will.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find, Thats alot of silver:icon_thumleft:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alright, I am always going to ask, every freaking time for Customer Rolled dimes.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still have never found a solid dime roll... nice score!

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, congrats!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Awsome score there Freedom!, Amazing is more like it, Good luck with the procedure tomorrow!, HH, Maverick.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you sprint back in and ask for all CWR of quarters, nickels and cents?

talon146

Jul 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Instead of a like button, we need a "Green with envy" button for posts such as these.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Sweet cull of silver. I look forward to hearing about any good dates. Good to know that there aren't any cherry picking tellers at that branch. You should clear out the vault of any CWRs of any denomination. Get them all.

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet cull of silver. I look forward to hearing about any good dates. Good to know that there aren't any cherry picking tellers at that branch. You should clear out the vault of any CWRs of any denomination. Get them all.

When I get better, I am in alot of pain right now and the Pain Killers are not helping much.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread