Almost 2 years research narrows the " GOLD" spot to within half a mile.

Mar 21, 2007
Almost 2 years research narrows the " GOLD" spot to within half a mile.

Just putting up a second posting for basically the same but with MUCH MORE DIFFERENT results than my first posting.Had to sacrifice good old plicking, thats what I call your normal everyday detecting ladies and gentlemen. Now what I need is a solid,honest,healthy,historically orientated,skilled individual to help me walk the wooded embankments of the river/creek.Yup!!! No baloney!! Besides the atlas and old magazine issue, had researched and found the evidence that Gold was found in this area, west of Detroit,from 3 solid out of state papers including two probables from towns nearby.The Gold purity was similar to that found in Georgia and the Carolina,s at that time, basically the Gold Rush of 1799 and 1832.Fall is coming so alot of that prickly stuff along the embankment is going to die out so the grounds going to clear up, matterfact thats when the Gold was discovered, around late October and early November.Anyone now for alittle Recon and a pair of extra eyes to help me out.Anyone with some experience in prospecting for Gold along creeks and rivers is up on top on my list.Never commercially mined,State Historians at Lansing don,t know anything about it as also state Geologist, a second discovery a few months later than it dropped out of history after the Gold strike in California.

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Re: Almost 2 years research narrows the " GOLD" spot to within half a mile.

Good Luck! Hope you find it.
Mark

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck on finding the gold..I'm just a little too far away to help but bet you will have some takers.

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT

Hey I'm ready to go, i'll get the 15"er on the machine and go looking for the needle in the haystack, when it comes to research or field work I consider myself somewhat an expert
You can drop Saginawian an email if youd like to ask him about all the haystacks we've been visiting, I'l come out for a day

Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions