goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I hit another section of the town park that has yielded some wheaties to dig all the pull tabs I skipped. Started pulling those dreaded beavertails left and right. Then I saw a ring and necklace in the same hole! Too bad their both junk :BangHead: . I ended up with another mood ring and some junk pendents, plus what I think is a silver bead. Old-coin-wise, I got a 1944 wheat (in the sand box) and a 1921 wheat. Clad- 68 coins worth $3.99. And I was close to a 100, pull tabs that is, with around 90...at least I can donate them and give a kid a liver....just wish they could give a brain to a kid who asked if pennies were metal as soon as i dug one up :P

HH
-GC

Attachments

• IMG_2750.jpg
    IMG_2750.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 497
Upvote 0

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
You had me going for a minute there - I was looking for a tale of 100 coins. Man, I can't tell you how many times I've cursed the human who invented the pull tab (and then the square tab). The bane of all metal detectorists.

Jim

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool deal on the Pull Tab's GC....I just lost my Nephew because of that.Awesome Dig's :thumbsup:

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
time4me said:
You had me going for a minute there - I was looking for a tale of 100 coins. Man, I can't tell you how many times I've cursed the human who invented the pull tab (and then the square tab). The bane of all metal detectorists.

Jim

Mikolaj Kondakow is the person your looking for

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,178020.0.html

HH
-GC

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Less junk to dig next time GC. :icon_jokercolor:

I'm still laughing about the brain for the kid!
Mike

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello goldencoin.

My best day of clad, I snagged 131 coins. I'm still kind of a newbie, less than 2 months of digging, but with beaver tails do you get a nickel signal and a silver beep? This has been my
experience but sometimes I dig anyways cause Im not so sure.

Good luck,
HH.

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the dfx, so about half the time they are nulled out, but sometimes they give me an iffy signal and i was really hoping to snag some (good) jewelry.

HH
-GC

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
goldencoin said:
...at least I can donate them and give a kid a liver....just wish they could give a brain to a kid who asked if pennies were metal as soon as i dug one up :P

HH
-GC
HAHAHA!!! I like that one...

Reminds me of the certain park I go to where the inevitable question always comes up...."Can that thing find a goose?" :tongue3:

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Nice job on all of the good little trinkets! :) Love the ring to bad it was fake. That would of made anyones heart jump when it would have come out of the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread