Almost Finished A Reverse Box

thing

Aug 8, 2009
Though box hunting has been garbage in LA for what seems like the last year, I have non the less almost completely finished creating a 500 box of "good" half dollars. This box contains 197 90% coins of various years and conditions, 699 40% coins(including 2 1976s) and 91 proof coins. I was hoping I would be able to finish up the silver parts of the box with a hunt that took me all the way down to costa mesa, today, but $40 in gas netted me one 90%. I am thinking about going all the way to san diego tomarow it is three hours and I will be fighting traffic both ways, so I am a little unsure if that is a good idea. I could just stay local and try some more boxes since that is my best option for finding those 9 proofs I need. It is ironic but the proofs are harder to come by then the silvers and look how rare those are.

As a side note the last $500 box I finished was around march-april 2010. 20 months for a 10x return on my efforts(god only knows how much gas I have spent since then)

Upvote 0

White Silver

Oct 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in So-cal as well and Ive only acquired 40%s. Almost every bank in my city wants you to have an account to buy even their loose halves.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Don't know but have you tried volume boxes like Bigheed? He seems to do ok with volume. We don't live in the northeast so it's more scattered out west.

If I do road trips (which I don't do much of), I add dime boxes in the mix. They are easy to search and dump if in the clear plastic. Why not ask for a box of dimes and quarters while you're at it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread