Almost Four Weeks Now

Mac232

Aug 18, 2007
Greasy Creek , TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The middle of last month I found out I had a bloodclot in my right Knee . After one week of twice daily shots in the stomach and three weeks of blood thinners I finally took the big step and went detecting today .
I didn,t want to over do it so I went to old faithful close to home . Its a small area that I found this spring and have hunted it every direction you can think of twice over , lol , and still manage a keeper or two every time there . I was hoping for at least a wheat and wasn,t disappointed , found one within the first half dozen digs . I was happy with that and kept on hunting for another half hour or so and was ready to call it a day when I got that silver tone in my headset . I dug a six inch deep plug and flipped it over and sitting in the bottom of the hole was my first silver in over three weeks .

P.S. As a warning to all , I,m 99.999% sure my clot was caused by my knee pad being too tight while hunting 5-7 hours at a time . Just something to think about while you're out detecting .

Mac

Attachments

• DSCF0668.JPG
    DSCF0668.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 400
  • DSCF0671.JPG
    DSCF0671.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 385
  • DSCF0673.JPG
    DSCF0673.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 389
  • DSCF0674.JPG
    DSCF0674.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 391
Upvote 0

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have empathy for your situation. My niece lives with me and has to take that same series of shots--clot in her lung. In her case, I believe her diet of cheeseburger and fries all the time may be part of her problem.
Anyway, good to read you're back out hunting.
Don...

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find MAc and you deserve it after getting a blood clot from detecting. I have loosened my knee pad because of your incident! Many others should do that too!!!

SKD

BRASSF

Jan 18, 2007
Deltona, FL
Detector(s) used
2 sticks
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the heads up on the knee pad! That is something to keep in mind.

pitbullfan

Sep 18, 2009
Newton Grove, NC
Detector(s) used
First: Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Now: Excal
Great find....even greater you're able to continue detecting. Luckily i don't wear kneepads yet. But I'll keep that in mind when I start wearing them.

HH
Jason

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to get some silver after being held up. :thumbsup: Take care in the hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread