Almost gave up on Nickels

fixxxer9

Jan 8, 2013
SLC, UT
Primary Interest:
Other
Went through two rolls of nickels today and dropped one down the side of my seat in my car. I didn't bother to get it and thought all that I found was a 1955-D. Later in the day I was trying to move the seat back and it wouldn't move. Looked under my chair and there was a water bottle blocking it. Moved it out of the way and found the dropped nickel. It was a 1942-S! First war nickel I have found! I was super excited about it. 1942-S obverse.jpg 1942-S Reverse.jpg

Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol that's hilarious, what are the chances on dropping the only war nickel out of 2 boxes! pretty cool, nice one too!

Southpaw

Aug 26, 2012
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
lol that's hilarious, what are the chances on dropping the only war nickel out of 2 boxes! pretty cool, nice one too!

Two rolls, but that's besides the point. Still pretty interesting that the war nickel was the one that dropped!

OP
OP
F

fixxxer9

Jan 8, 2013
SLC, UT
Primary Interest:
Other
I know. I do most if my hunting in my car and drop coins all the time so I have just started leaving them and then collecting then every few weeks. I just cleaned my car a couple days ago so the floor was clear today (except for the water bottle) so that was the only one down there.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha I love it, found my first 43s in my first box last night! That reminds me my cat stole one of my penny rolls and I found it a few weeks later under the couch, it contained a wheat lol not a key date but still cool! Us coin roll hunters are like squirrels, except our nuts are coins, we got coins all over the place!

OP
OP
F

fixxxer9

Jan 8, 2013
SLC, UT
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol no kidding. My wife finds coins all over the house and it drives her crazy.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice find and funny story!! You have beat most of us by finding your first war nickel. Keep it up! HH

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I did some cleaning in my mom's car, and an Irish 5 pence came up that I didn't have before.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread