Almost hunted out

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
MM and I detected a house built in 1801 today. I could tell right away it had been hunted many many times before. The house was also sided with aluminum and had a lot of major new landscaping done.

I drifted over the property line a little and found a large button next to a tree. I did the same thing on the other side and found an unfired bullet and another lipstick thing.
don\'tmatter.jpg

We wound up heading to a really old park and I found a silver six pence dated 1931 (in a nasty soccer field).

The owners of the old house had a deaf dog they named "Don't Matter", because he couldn't hear his name when they called him.

Overall, it was a fun adventure. If you think MM is funny on the forum, you should spend the day with him. He had me laughing all day long! :D

Ridley

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ridley

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Here's the back of the button.
dontmatter2.jpg

Ridley

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
nice finds ,think iam gonna start drifting lol.

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great time.Nice digs!! HH

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude,
Both of those pieces cleaned up nice. Once again, you smoked me on the finds! ;D
Does anyone know what this button is? Age?

I'm going back to my home turf next time, THE FARM. :D
Congrats on your finds today.
I'm embarrassed to post mine. ;D
-MM-

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Nice stuff!
That button looks a lot like the WW1 buttons I find.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Well, at least you got some stuff. I see a "Canadian Wheat Penny" there. Those are fun to find. Silver is good too.

Our Stagecoach stop and Tavern turned out to be quite an adventure for us today. First we had to deal with the snow, then driving over 3 hours. Next take a long trek through the woods up a "mountain" and down into a ravine. Cross a creek.

Between the four of us - not a single coin found. Some cool relics but kindaof a bust. We did have plan B that turned out ok. Will post tomorrow or sometime soon.

It seems like a lot of spots sound really promising yet deliver squat. You don't know unless you try.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mirage said:
Well, at least you got some stuff. I see a "Canadian Wheat Penny" there. Those are fun to find. Silver is good too.

Our Stagecoach stop and Tavern turned out to be quite an adventure for us today. First we had to deal with the snow, then driving over 3 hours. Next take a long trek through the woods up a "mountain" and down into a ravine. Cross a creek.

Between the four of us - not a single coin found. Some cool relics but kindaof a bust. We did have plan B that turned out ok. Will post tomorrow or sometime soon.

It seems like a lot of spots sound really promising yet deliver squat. You don't know unless you try.

Holy smokes!!! Now I don't feel so bad after seeing what you guys went through. We just had to drive about 20 miles & get out of the car to be disappointed. ;D
Looking forward to seeing your relics. I LOVE looking at relics. Any clad? ;)
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread