Almost skunked doing small towns

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I've gone 200 miles in the past few days, going to small towns and asking for halves. Probably hit 12 banks, and only 2 banks had any rolls of halves at all. A total of $290.00 worth, and only 2 - 40% were gotten out of all of them. :P Some tellers said LOTS of people are CRH now. Crap.

Also wanted to add, NONE of the banks had any large silver dollars.

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darn Scotto......That is not the news I wanted to hear. Your due to hit a big one. Keep plugging.

I also didn't want to hear what the teller said about CRH'ers being in abundance now.....more competition. Maybe we should all quit posting the CRH finds.....lol.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
lejeuene said:
Darn Scotto......That is not the news I wanted to hear. Your due to hit a big one. Keep plugging.

I also didn't want to hear what the teller said about CRH'ers being in abundance now.....more competition. Maybe we should all quit posting the CRH finds.....lol.

You know I've seriously been thinking the same thing about not posting our finds. LOL Sounds funny but I know when I first started crh at the beginning of last year where was NO competition in my area. Silver was plentiful at the local banks as well as boxes. Now, I know of at least 4 people in my area that crh! I'm sure there are plenty more and I think with all of the great finds listed here and on other sites many more people are trying it. But then again, that's how I got into it reading about all the finds right here. ROFL :D

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think its the posts on here that started everyone CRHing...

I saw an article in one of the national coin magazines (don't recall which one for sure) a couple/few months ago which specifically mentioned halves as still having some older coins available to be found via searching.

When I read that all I could think of was "Uh-oh, more competition".

Besides what fun would the forum be if everyone quit posting what they found?

I have only heard that comment (about other CRHers) in the metro area banks near me, so as far as I can tell all the small town banks in my area are still virgin territory. Now if I only could get my work schedule to quit colliding with banking hours.... ;D ;D ;D

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Not good scotto. I'm getting ready to do my first roll road trip so I hope roll hunting hasn't caught on around here yet.

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
Yeah there may be more people doing it but I think the avearge Joe doesn't give a crap about coins. I've had alot of people just give them to me. It didn't matter to them. I got into CRH because I am a coin collector and I did it as a kid and without reading anything I decided to start up again. You have to really enjoy it to get a bag or box of halfs and go through them and then return them. For most it would just be a pain in the butt. And some of these people other then from the forum..... $2000 of skunk boxes they would say screw this! I'm not finding anything! Thats my 2 cents.

I know there are other CRHers around me... I ran into one at the bank once. Found out some guy is buying my bags of clad I dump off. (poor guy) And some other banks say people are requesting them more. I still find plenty though.

Thats another thing.... I have almost always had horrible luck in the smaller towns. Its beacuse all the banks in the smaller towns have older ladys that go though the coins working there. I had one that was doing well for me... But a few times of me coming in there buying halfs killed that one I think. Its like as soon as they see someone else wants something they want it too. That may sound simplistic but I think that describes it the best.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread