Aloha! Back from Hawaii Road Trip and Feb 12 Totals

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Spent four days in Hawaii for work and managed to see a few sights around my meeting schedule. Pretty awesome place. Managed to hit about 10 banks in Honolulu and Pearl City (at least they are jammed right in there, not too spread out). Got about $50 face in halves with nothing exciting. Oh well. I did score one 1967 40% at a bank by my airport here in Louisiana on the way out Monday ;D

I did enjoy Hawaii even without the silver.

Here are my Feb 12 totals:

18 silver Roosevelts
1 Merc (1924, oldest dime yet)
15 40% halves
ZERO 90% halves.... Oh well
5 war nickels

And:

5 1979P SBA Near Dates
2 1974D DDO Kennedy Halves

Overall a nice steady production for the month. Not as good as January for silver, but better on the errors and varieties.

HH to all and keep after the silver! I have to catch up on all your posts I missed while gone. Will catch up tomorrow. Gotta get over jet lag for now.

Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have packed or rented a Beach detector for that trip

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Numisman, glad you enjoyed your Hawaiian road trip. Looks like you had a good month with dimes. A '24 Merc is my oldest dime find also. And 5 1979P SBA Near Dates - Wow - how'd you find so many of those. I went back last week and bought the last 8 mwr SBA's from that bank I had that nice score 2 weeks ago and most of them seem to be '79P's and so far I've only opened one of the rolls that had some tape on it that appeared to have already been opened and there were 23 '79P's and 2 '80S's all with bright shinny sharp edges that appear Unc. None of the '79P's from that roll appeared to be near dates but I still have 8 other sealed rolls that appear to be mostly '79P's that I haven't checked yet.

Anyway, glad to hear all is well and good luck with your March hunting.

OP
OP
Numismaniac

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Thanks for the kind words Silverface. Not sure why, but there seem to be a more near dates here than anywhere I've lived. You never know, may have had something to do with how they were distributed back in the 70s... When I lived in Ohio I went thru hundreds and never found one.... Stay after them! They pay well when you find them. I just searched Ebay and they seem to bring $10 pretty consistently even in circulated condition. BU coins are worth real money. I have about half a dozen that are nice BU. Thinking about getting the nicest ones slabbed.

As far as metal detecting, 47th Element, I haven't gotten into that yet. Might have to one of these days. Probably when I retire! I would bet there is some cool stuff to find by MD in Hawaii for sure.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread