Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was helping my grandparents move furniture for their auction house. I was moving a chair that was probably from the 40's or 50's and I heard something hit the floor. I looked down and could see the buffalo on a buffalo nickel. I turned the chair over to look at the bottom and there was also a 1944 mercury dime stuck on the chair. The buffalo nickel was a 1926. I don't know how they didn't fly off the trailer on the way to the auction house, but I am glad they didn't. So my advice to everyone is to check old furniture for coins. You never know what someone could have dropped or hidden in there.

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I was a teenager back in the mid 70s, I worked for a guy who was an upholsterer. My job was to remove the old upholstery and get the chair or sofa ready for recovering. It was this job that got me into coin collecting because I never what I would find. The best I ever did was finding a wad of cash that was about 19 bucks.

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I check old furniture and jackets at the salvation army and have found some nice older coins. A few months back my wife's family let me go through abandoned 1800s houses on their property up north and I found a bunch of money in an old pair of overalls, and some 1800s coins in the couch.

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always check - always. A friend of mine's mother passed away and subseqently they found over $9000 in notes hidden in the couch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread