brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
Upvote 0

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
for me it wasn't ATM's but coke/pepsi vending machines.. I was walking home a few years back and spotted a vending machine.. having no money.. I looked around.. behind the machine.. loads of change.. nearly $6.00 worth.. taking the change I headed to the local checks and more to play some keno.. 5 games later.. I sent a message to my wife via the IM service.. it read: 5 for 50... which meant I played $5.00 and hit for $50.00 Needless to say I had dinner on the table that evening.. even it was Mcd's..

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yep free money / free silver machines them coinstars

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I love checking coin star machines --- and even better is talking to people while they are dumping change in them...I purchased $20 worth of change from a guy once that was all coin star rejects- it was about 8 mercs, a 1912 barber quarter, 59 washington and a few roseys -about $70 bucks worth -and it had some clad change in there- he said his brother asked him to get rid of the old change for dollars- so I helped him out! ...I'm still wondering what good stuff fell in to the green pit never to be recovered, or seen again! ...but it was a nice day finding that change (for a fee) after coming up empty on $2000 worth of halves. :)

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same thing happen once: $20 left in the ATM. I walked inside and tried to return it to the bank, but they said it was unlikely it would be returned to a customer, so just keep it rather than donating it to the bank. OK, so I left with the $20. A week later, I was telling this story to a teller at a different bank, and this lady behind me starts literally screaming at me, "that was MY money! Give it back!!! You stole it!!!!" I was on my toes that day and asked her which ATM machine it was, and of course she said it was the bank we were standing in presently. It was a different bank, so she was clearly lying and had to shut up. Some people will try anything. So I would just keep it if I were you.

That should have been enough to get her fired.

I got a wrong deposit bag once with a large amount of cash in it, and returned it of course. It went to the right business; I checked. I got nothing for my trouble and honesty, not even a thank you, but so what? It was theirs, not mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread