Always check the pockets!!

WINTERBEAR

Sep 20, 2012
eastern Wa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kids were helping me go thru the pile of college kid dumpster finds I had left in my shop from a couple months ago. As I was reminding them to always check the pockets I found a buck in a ski jacket. A bit later I said I think I went thru this box and got all the good office supplies out and I flipped open a binder to find these, some times it pays to look everywhere. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476124548.724882.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476124563.040237.jpg

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
It's against the law to damage or mutilate US currency. ...You were only doing your duty as a good citizen by preventing this currency from the clutches of certain doom! :laughing7:

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found money many times that way

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet Green Stuff

May 27, 2015
York Township, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this day and age make sure you watch out for needles. Hate to be a kill joy but HEPC Sucks. Look before you shove your hands in!!!
Be Safe

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advice above. Sweet find on the cash!

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At a flea market on a Saturday afternoon, a new seller had put out a lot of items belonging to one of their family's relatives. As I stood around, I've learned to just listen to the seller's conversation to other family members as well as customers that come and go. One of the short statements said, "Oh, that belong to my wife's cousin. She died in a car accident several years ago." I saw he was pointing to a large white woman's handbag....

Fast forward to Monday, about mid morning, when I go metal detecting around the flea market grounds. Before the market's remodeling co-funded by government matching grants, the grounds had open top 55 gallon trash barrels. I'm walking past one and take the opportunity to look over and inside it. There's trash in the bottom, a still sealed bundle of brand new central A/C air filters standing on their end, and elevated up and sitting on top of them was the same large white purse.

I hit the power-off button on the detector and pull the bag up while balancing it on barrel's rim. As I look inside, I see a white tag with large and small printing.... The large print said, "Prada".....the small print said, "Made in China". So goes HOPE'S rapid heartbeat and blood pressure's roller coaster ride finding a high-end fashion piece. But I carefully look in all the interior pockets and unzip the longer pockets.... Nothing.

On the outside of the floppy-soft white bag are side pockets. Just below the zipper line are angled short zipper pockets; one on each end and on both sides of the purse. All four of those odd angled side pockets were still zipped closed. They almost looked like decoration rather than actual pockets. Remembering the worry of broken cosmetic mirrors, the fear of straight pins and all types of needles, as I unzipped each pocket, I carefully ran my left index finger into each exterior small angled pocket lining. As I got to the last pocket, my finger slid into what felt like a smooth band. I carefully pulled it out of the pocket's deep corner and there was a 1973 girl's Senior school ring. Inside, it was stamped "Balfour 10kt."

Check ANY type of pocket, the bounty may be worthwhile; Dead or Alive :tongue3: ,
Bill

Last edited:

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i'd be tempted to try to give that ring back to a family member. good find though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread