Always get them all

Caphck

Greenie
Jan 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been about two weeks since I got my last halfs. Dropped off the ones I had already searched at my local bank. I decided to hit up a couple banks on the way back to work. Went to one that had given me $19 worth in a plastic bag on my last trip where I got 2 90% and 1 40% (plus 2 Eisenhowers). All they had was $30, took it and got one 90% out of it and a Susan B. Anthony dollar (not silver but figure $0.50 for $1.00 is a good deal). Hit a couple more banks but no halfs to be found. Almost back to work when I spot a small out of the way bank. They say they have $270 worth of halfs. Been burned by the dumps so figured this was the case so only took $100. I did a quick edge check when I got back to work and found 3 40%. Immediately went back to the bank and got the remaining $170 which produced 1 90% and 6 40%. Total for $300 searched, 2 90% and 9 40%, I am relatively new to this but it seems like a pretty decent score. Picture below. One of the '64s has a hole drilled at the top (through the "e" in "liberty"), anybody have any idea why?

Silver Find III.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!
The hole is probably to make it into a necklace.

jdp311

Nov 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some similar luck with some dumps. BUY ALL YOU CAN!!! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread