Always Ramblin

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I went ahead and canceled my trip to Siskiyou County Ca.. No worries though.. Plenty of gold around here. Got my hands on a Metal Detector A Garret ace 250 Traded 4 grams gold for it. It was still in the box unopened. Don't really know about Metal detectors but so far I have no complaints.. It definitely find cool stuff. can't say I found anything worth money but lots of cool junk.. Yesterday I took it to the river and figured I would look for gold with it. This is obviously gonna take some time to get the hang of.. I had no luck finding gold with it on the river but I aint discouraged. I will keep at it.. Anyway life has been good. Haven't really been on a really good gold but it averaging out ok.. I spoke with forest service about the locked gates and some other stuff. I don't like them. Anyway it really makes no difference. I have no need for a claim.. the way I see it I got the whole dam forest at my disposal. Anyway I hope everyone is having a great year and getting some good gold.

Upvote 0

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Marshall good luck with that metal detector. I am going to be getting one soon myself as it looks like a better opportunity for bigger gold. Now for the learning curve....

BritinCA

Mar 4, 2013
Cameron Park
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
AT Pro
MXT Pro
Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your going to have a hard time in finding anything other than coins and iron with that detector. Perceverance is key...

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lanny Their are multiple Hard Rock Mines in the Vicinity and I have found articles and other information that leads me to believe that somewhere in that area their used be a pretty busy Chinese mining camp. The mining in the area was somewhat short lived when the railroad purchased the land and surrounding area.. I look forward to getting to know the area better..

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lanny Their are multiple Hard Rock Mines in the Vicinity and I have found articles and other information that leads me to believe that somewhere in that area their used be a pretty busy Chinese mining camp. The mining in the area was somewhat short lived when the railroad purchased the land and surrounding area.. I look forward to getting to know the area better..

You may indeed be on to something, especially if the camp activity was cut short. There could be some areas that didn't get worked all the way.

I hope things work out for you.

All the best,

Lanny

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
4 grams for the Ace 250 is a good deal; I saw that you zoomed in on a picker in the bedrock on your video; you didn't happen to run your ace across it to see if it would pick it up did you? I am interested to see how you do with the ace as I have 250 in the closet but thought it wouldn't handle the minerals/iron in the ground well up there.

Best of luck, keep us updated on how that detector does, I am definitely curious.

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Woody I didn't check that flake with the Metal detector.. I should have.. I haven't really used the metal Detector lately but my brother and I are headed out this weekend to prospect for junk.. And hopefully if we can manage we have an area on the river that has been kind over the years for pickers a gram and under hopefully we can manage to make are way to it. we will see what gold it comes up with if any.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread