Always RUNNIN AND GUNNIN

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So the last week or so has been pretty busy..My parents having nothing to do until August(then school and work starts again for them)We have been going to a different place each week..And a few days ago we went to Marshall's Gold Discovery Site and had a blast.. Such a cool place, kinda disappointing that it is mostly a reconstruction but still a great visit..My brother and I have spent the last few day's kayaking We just bought 2 inflatable kyaks and been hooked..So far we have done Drivers flat to Mammoth Bar on the Middle fork and Marshall's gold site to greenwood take out on the South Fork American And today we plan on doing the South Fork from Marshall's to folsom...20 miles I think.. Anyway really haven't done a whole lot of prospecting the last few days but have done pretty well for the little time we spent prospecting..Sunday the weather is supposed to be kinda crappy so we figured we would dress for wear and enjoy a nice slippery day prospecting the River.. Hopefully it just scattered shower's ..Well I hope everyone else is makin the most of their time as once it passes it gone for ever!!Well until next time I hope everyone is getting some good gold!!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well we parked the car at the Salmon falls bridge and caught a ride to Chilli Bar on the South Fork American River. We shortened the trip a few miles figuring since we were rookies,, we best not bite more then we can chew!!To bad we can be dummies every once in a while though..My brother flipped on triple threat and lost his oar..We still had a hell of a long ways to the car.Well as fate would have it: a ranger in a paddle boat saw the incident and tried to help us locate the paddle and it being such a small darn world we encountered each other before thru out the years and recently on Steven's Trail.. Anyway we hung out with him and B.S for a bit and was able to borrow a paddle from a family camping on Lotus Campground...HELLA COOL my brother had to walk around TroubleMaker rapid...He didn't find a paddle to after..We floated to The Lotus Campground and Returned the Oar and my brother set off to hitchhike to get the car..Took about 3 hours for him to pick me up..We intend on trying again wedsnesday and for now on we will do short runs until we become a little more familiar with how these Kayaks works..But all in all a great day...

Today my Brother and I did a lazy walk around Yankee Jims...Was actually a great day to be out the sun even appeared for a little while...We never really stayed anywhere to long..We started on the Forest Hill Side of the bridge walked down river past Brunch Creek and the Crossed the river and took the road back to the car it was a nice day to be out...

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another great set and enjoyed every minute. Gave me some ideas too! I found a bunch of 10" nails with the MD the other day...I could bust a few cracks with those.
And, the amount of gold in the last pan?:notworthy:

Lotus Geologist

Jan 6, 2014
Lotus/Coloma, California
Detector(s) used
MXT, TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey MM, I just signed up on Tnet and have been reading dozens upon dozens of threads... Many of them started by you... I enjoy your writings and videos. If you would like a kayak lesson or two I would be happy to oblige. I am looking forward to getting into prospecting and I'm especially excited to use my kayak as a prospecting tool.

Happy new year! Lotus Geologist (John)

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mad Marshall is a hero in these parts.

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
Be careful lotus, you may be disowned by the rafting community with all that prospecting talk. Most of them tend to be a little green for my taste. The good news is if you love freedom, the outdoors and shiny stuff in your pan you will always be welcome where I'm digging, oh and welcome to t-net.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions