ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get some old parchment... and let your imagination do the artwork leading to another area a mile away... and leave it at your spot. :P

Xmarks-the-spot.jpg

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm always packing protection. Maybe I'll just leave this one alone for a while.

Maybe it is time to start watching the gentleman per se by placing some well hidden trail cameras in locations where he may park a vehicle or along any paths he might use to access the area. At the least, you will know if he is searching the same area and the times he does so, so you can avoid him if you ever return to the area.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Let the watchers become the watched...put a drone in the air and what was suggested, a game cam. You’ll know soon enough what’s goin on.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
***ARC begins buying any kind of rock turtles and placing them strategically in his "honey spots" pointing in directions AWAY from spots***

Yep, and all these Loopy Med Eater generation is going to freak out looking for treasure, before you know it some special person who identifies with inspector gadget is going to be arrested for MDing in the frozen food section or the ice house because the turtles all pointed towards the bean & cheese.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh ? He said "rock turtles". And talked about "searching around a turtle". And you're saying "Spanish turtles" . What's up with "turtles" ? Why not Bunnies ? Or Ponies ? frogs or kittens ? Why not Canadian or Chinese turtles ?
Why not Bunnies ? Or Ponies ? frogs or kittens ? Why not Canadian or Chinese turtles ? They're all extinct! They all went the same way the docents went.........

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
10pan, assuming he saw you nosing around in an area that also held some interest for him, how did he figure out who you were? And if I'm understanding correctly he not only figured out who you were, he also determined you had equipment for sale. Then he used that information as a means to contact you and steer you away from the area? Strange indeed.

Last edited:

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Huh ? He said "rock turtles". And talked about "searching around a turtle". And you're saying "Spanish turtles" . What's up with "turtles" ? Why not Bunnies ? Or Ponies ? frogs or kittens ? Why not Canadian or Chinese turtles ?

A great example of knowledge

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm NOT a paranoid person. I KNOW they're out to get me.

They're out there - always be aware :)

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Guess most don't know about books on treasure signs that were common many years ago, authored by some pretty famous treasure hunters. Modern folks in this hobby need some real history lessons about their hobby.

OreElse

Jan 8, 2011
Yuma, AZ
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In today's world paranoia should be the seventh sense!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You may be being watched.
A site or sites being watched is no surprise.
You learned about the potential of an area , so did others.
It is competition.
Even if inaccurate information created the attention , anyone poking around creates more interest.

The guy who got me started had competition in multiple instances. If competition is the right word.
They ended up near the same time both making partial recoveries on the same site and they were not sharing information. Not casual hunting or choosing of the site. Rather recent information.

Another site watched by multiple people had a landowner that declined to let anyone hunt it.
In site of two roads and the house kept those who would trespass reduced to night time should they chose to be criminals. Never heard of any attempts , but did not know the owner either.
The site was cleared years later and caught my attention on the way past and I wondered if any of of the folks who were interested in it still lived.
The tale still lives though......

Nearby that site an unrelated surprise awaited at a demolition. People who hid certain activities from others , and did it very well.
I'd bet they watched anyone near a certain area with close attention. Despite their popular business that generated many customers being near the site.

OP
OP

10pan

Nov 21, 2007
North GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer, GP Ext. , CTX 3030, Whites Spectrum XLT, DFX , Discovery TF 900, Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10pan, assuming he saw you nosing around in an area that also held some interest for him, how did he figure out who you were? As you tell it, he not only figured out who you were, he also determined you had equipment for sale. Then he used that information as a means to contact you and steer you away from the area? Strange indeed.
If he saw me at the second location I was at , it's possible he could have followed me home. Maybe from there he found out who I was , but to bring up the exact location that I was going to next , but had not been yet , is what has me on edge.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
One would wonder if the gentleman is a descendant of a KGC member/guard and he actually knows where the Gold is but is guarding it!!?? I would imagine that there may still be a few out there.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
A great example of knowledge

And a truly knowledgeable treasure hide person would, of course, mark their treasures under turtle shape rocks. How better to "hide" a treasure after all. Than to mark it with turtle clues. To "hide" it from any knowledgeable TH'rs , who of course *know* it means odds of treasure.

Last edited:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
let see most rock carvings and stone figures were probably made before man used written language so all the real rock carvings i seen the natives were in the area for over 100,000 years and the few japanese less a month .... i guess they should of only used stones in battle to ....i guess they all forgot how to make maps and write to

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
There aren't any blue enamelware kettles or church hollows in this story, are there? :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread