Am I nuts 4 hours for 8 pennies, 1 Nickel and 1 dime

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Photo on 11-9-15 at 12.39 PM.jpg Photo on 11-9-15 at 12.40 PM.jpg Photo on 11-9-15 at 12.40 PM #2.jpg Photo on 11-9-15 at 12.41 PM.jpg
well went to my favorite park thats been totally hunted out supposedly. Found 8 pennies a dime and a nickel in 4 hours. The good news was the nickel is a 1900 V and one of the pennies is a 1902 Indian Head penny. Both were dug between 7 and 10 inches. Yesterday hit the same park got 4 wheaties 1 from the forties the other 3 were teeners . Thanks for looking

Ya gotta love those greenies

Last edited:
Upvote 13

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on those 2 keepers. I have yet to pull any old coins like those in any of the parks in a 30 mile radius from the house. I even go slow listening for whispers.

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
The answer is YES, you are nuts..........we're all nuts! Well, those are a lot better than most peoples nickel and penny finds. There are a lot of days that I come home from a full day of detecting and ask myself why I wasted the whole day when I could have been doing something much more productive. Then a few days pass and I am just as excited about going as I was the time before when I got skunked. It just takes one good find to recharge your enthusiasm.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!! That nickel is in decent shape for coming out of the ground! Love that green patina on the Indian.

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on those 2 keepers. I have yet to pull any old coins like those in any of the parks in a 30 mile radius from the house. I even go slow listening for whispers.

I use the Nel Storm 14 x 15 it helps get deeper and cover more area. All my good finds lately are coming from 6"plus, I dig a lot of iffy signals and get a lot of trash that's the trade off. Once you figure out how to get the deeper coins you'll find it gets easier, especially in parks that are extremely well hunted you have less trash to interfere. Good luck and hang in there

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
100%. Agree. I've been out all day for three dollars in dirty clad ,, nuts I am thank you very much. Lol then the next day I'm itching to go out HH gl

if we added up all the coins found in one day. What number would it be. ?

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the same thing all the time.

Congratulations on those two, there great.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have spent more time, for less!!!.........Love indian heads!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking patina on the IH, got to like it when they come out like this.:thumbsup:

Years ago I figured that if I got a keeper every two hours it was good, so you did good. I can't ever recall having a day out hunting and digging nothing (and I've had many) that I'd have the feeling of it being a waste of time, a little disappointed that I never got a keeper might be the case. The solution is to do more research change up the expectations of what I might dig, but the dreams never change.:)

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wal-nuts or peanuts. Its all relative and yes we is nuts. We even get excited over little pieces of metal that may be treasure covered in rust.....

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The material value of your finds is only one part, how about the great exercise and experience you received during those four hours? You are in a great hobby.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, your talking to a guy who is going under water to find pull tabs and bottle caps!

Nice finds, good keepers there....

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
I have often been tempted to change my screen name to "TimeWellWasted".

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sometimes you feel like a nut.sometimes you don't.Me ?I'm just plain nuttier than a porta potti at a penut festival.love those coins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread