am I the only african American that metal detects?

nleet22

Jan 5, 2014
lancaster pa
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250, AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 14

roadapple

Nov 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not trying to be racist or make jokes but my girlfriend seems to think that I'm the only African American who metal Detects. Prove her wrong please...lol
Well tell your girlfriend, when were all digging in the dirt we all become the same color of dirt !!!!LOL:laughing7: "One for All and All for One" !!!

zerokelvin

Apr 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look up metal detecting Texas tiger digs on youtube... guy has 700 followers and I'm one if them. Does so e pretty interesting videos.

Capt Nat

Nov 11, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
GTI 2500
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whether you're the only one or not, we have you outnumbered and surrounded. Your only choice is to surrender and join us...

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
When I lived in Key West with my' job, my best friend and metal detecting partner, Roy Ridgeway was African-American and probably had some Cuban in him as many of the folks in the lower Florida Keys do. I lost touch with Roy when I moved with my' job to West Virginia in 1984 and sure miss talking to him and metal detecting/treasure searching with him. He was my mentor and taught me a lot about metal detecting, treasure hunting ad bottle searching. In fact, he was the luckiest guy that I knew when it came to metal detecting, bottle hunting and treasure hunting and I would imagine that when he finally retired, he lived fairly comfortably from selling all of his' valuable finds. I have spent hundreds of hours and years trying to find out any information on Roy to no avail and as soon as I send this post, I plan to search some more. I fear that he may have passed on as he would be well in his' 80's now!

Frank

timemachine

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000 / Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not trying to be racist or make jokes but my girlfriend seems to think that I'm the only African American who metal Detects. Prove her wrong please...lol

Well, it's been a year since that post; do you think she was just trying to get you to spend some more time with her instead, lol. All's I know is I have had my share of gold diggers...I once gave an ex her own pick, just in case she wanted to join me in my ME time on a beachcomb, haha.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you are! I mean you do have dual citizenship for both Africa, and the USA? Otherwise you are just another American with a metal detector. I have yet to meet a real African American with Dual Citizenship!

roninrus1

Oct 11, 2014
Deer Park, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We lived in Denver around 2002 and met a black couple.
The husband was into metal detecting, like my wife, and his wife was into star-gazing, like me.
In fact I met her at an astronomy shop where she worked.
Great folks.
As long as the person isn't a jerk who cares about color?
It's what's inside, not outside.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess everyone is done proclaiming(pretending) how diverse they are and coming out of the closet. This is/was a metal detecting forum, right? Maybe Dr. Phil will get a metal detector and become a moderator.:laughing7:

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy swinging, like all the other post here color doesn't mean a thing to me either. Post your finds and enjoy the people on this board who share theirs with you. Enjoy!

S

stefen

You are who you are...period.

Nobody gives a rats azz.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread