Am i the only one that uses, a MDer in my town?

lFoundlInlOhiol

Jun 29, 2007
Tennesee...(from Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
I live about 1hr, south of Nashville.And ive been MDing for about 3 years on and off.And never have once, seen one person out with a MDer!!Any time people pass by they allways think im looking 4 water/gas lines ... :-\ ...You think mabe they think we are detectives?..Let me know what you think?Is your town any different?

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
I live in wilmington NC, and we have several detectorist that hit the beaches, as far as parks and other spots around town, I have seen only one other guy detecting there, I think it's because we all have our own rotation of spots, hours vary and we are so darned stealthy :)

OP
OP
L

lFoundlInlOhiol

Jun 29, 2007
Tennesee...(from Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
rommelvon said:
I live in wilmington NC, and we have several detectorist that hit the beaches, as far as parks and other spots around town, I have seen only one other guy detecting there, I think it's because we all have our own rotation of spots, hours vary and we are so darned stealthy :)
Not many beaches around here,well at least you witnessed some ;D

soar697877

Jul 3, 2007
Clarksville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ultra GTA 350, Garrett Ace 250
_lOl_CoinShooter_lOl_ ,

If you were to travel North on !-24 for about two hours, you just might get a glimpse of me out & about in Montgomery/Stewart County area.....LOL

But, you are right though, our hobby does not seem to have the magnet appeal that other hobbies do....oh well, more for us that way?...

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Depends on whether you are an old geezer like me and can't sleep. Up with the sun, detect all the easy spots and back home for breakfast. By the time the young guys get going, we're done.

Daryl

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would be great to be only one detecting, NO COMPETITION! ;D

OP
OP
L

lFoundlInlOhiol

Jun 29, 2007
Tennesee...(from Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
soar697877 said:
_lOl_CoinShooter_lOl_ ,

If you were to travel North on !-24 for about two hours, you just might get a glimpse of me out & about in Montgomery/Stewart County area.....LOL

But, you are right though, our hobby does not seem to have the magnet appeal that other hobbies do....oh well, more for us that way?...
Were's the treasure!! ;D

OP
OP
L

lFoundlInlOhiol

Jun 29, 2007
Tennesee...(from Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
BioProfessor said:
Depends on whether you are an old geezer like me and can't sleep. Up with the sun, detect all the easy spots and back home for breakfast. By the time the young guys get going, we're done.

Daryl
Is 36 old? them easy spots, you have sure turn up the good ones ;)

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm probably not that far from you then, since its about 1.5 hours to Nashville from my house in N. Bama. Trust me there are guys out there. But, good luck anyway.

southernbandit

Mar 21, 2003
Scottsboro Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Whites DXF
I'm out there but most of the time in the woods.
I live in Scottsboro Alabama and one day me and a friend ask to metal detect around a house in Huntsville that a construction company was about to rip down and they said OK.
So we started detecting, and after about an hour these 3 guys came running over to us telling us we couldn't do that here because we might get hurt. And the guy who told us we could said he thought we worked for the city and were looking for water lines or something. LOL
I now have several different colored hard hats, I'll play there game. ;D
bandit

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
i think time is everything. i hunt mostly in the afternoon until sunset. i also night hunt on the beach when i have someone to watch my back. many of the folks i've met in person detecting over the years hunt early in the morn. i dont do mornings!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread