Am I the only one who packs heat while detecting?

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
I carry everywhere (legally) and I make sure to strap my sprinfield xd40 on my hip especially when I'm out in the sticks, this world has gotten so crazy, plus you never knww when you could run across a pot field meth addicts cooking in an old house...or even a wild animal. I can't be the only pistola carrying treasure hunter out there ;D

Heres a few of my other toys

Attachments

• IMG_0016 (Small) (Large).JPG
    IMG_0016 (Small) (Large).JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,816

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
I don't go anywhere without mine. Carried for 30 years. I have a few more as well ;)
Smitty

Ruger DC93 (9mm)
Ruger.jpg

Little AMT Back-Up .380 that fits right into a pocket.
IM001010.jpg

lol, while I'm here, my grandpas old coon-huntin' pistol, which is an old .22 Stevens if memory serves me right.
IM001866.jpg

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
lol, he can "watch" all he wants, I'm legal......as long as he's smart-enough not to try & take mine away. If he does, tune into the 6:00 news ;D

Smitty

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to keep this SKS handy when I head into the woods

Attachments

• SKS 002.jpg
    SKS 002.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 1,805

levis_dad

Jun 3, 2007
Cleveland, TN
Detector(s) used
BH Landstar
Hey, rommelvon, I like the two Nagant's you got there. I had one at one time. Man are those things loud! They kick good too. I had to sell the thing...you know how ex-wives are...hehehe

OP
OP
R

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
levisdad said:
Hey, rommelvon, I like the two Nagant's you got there. I had one at one time. Man are those things loud! They kick good too. I had to sell the thing...you know how ex-wives are...hehehe

[/quote

Thanks, they will make your ears ring, and give a good kick to boot, these 2 are both Tula arsenal rifles, the lighter one was used by soviet "honor" guards and the darker one never saw service, still packed with cosmoline when I bought it

Spidey

Feb 20, 2007
Omaha
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I fully respect your rights to own the weapons, but I just don't see the reason.

I've got an old Remington shotgun (I like to hunt), but I just don't see a reason for assault style rifles or handguns.

I hope you guys keep 'em locked up if there's any chance whatsoever of kids getting ahold of 'em.

OP
OP
R

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
Spidey said:
I fully respect your rights to own the weapons, but I just don't see the reason.

I've got an old Remington shotgun (I like to hunt), but I just don't see a reason for assault style rifles or handguns.

I hope you guys keep 'em locked up if there's any chance whatsoever of kids getting ahold of 'em.

Not everyone is in to firearms, and thats cool, as for reasons wanting them "Assault" rifles nd such, I enjoy shooting them, my pistol I shoot for fun as well, but it's also when a crackhead breaks in to my home, tries to carjack me, rob me etc...let's just say, he wont have to worry abut a trial ;) and yes, I have a safe, but my pistol is my 5th appendage

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
Spidey said:

Because it's the only way we have to defend ourselves, be it robbers, thieves, rapists, or the government.....not that there's much difference in the lot of them.

OSHA recently tried to put the squeeze on ammo manufacturers which would have put several of them out of business & driven the cost of ammo sky-high. It didn't set well with gun-owners, and is currently being "revised".

If you ever see the 2nd Ammendment threatened in this country, it won't be "pretty".....people of the US, IMHO, have been pushed about as much as they're going to be.......just hope I live to see the day........

Heard a saying once, politicians & dirty diapers need changed for the same reason. Truer words were never spoken.

Smitty

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
dead is dead be it by one bullet or a hunded ---clip size means nothing ---its the intent of the person using the gun that makes it bad---the gun is just a tool the same as a car drunk driving kills more folks each year than guns do---cain killed abel with a rock---Ivan

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Here is my Carry Weapon, Sig P229 in .40 S&W. Yes, I take it with me when I go to the old parks in the not so nice part of town.

229Rleft.jpg

As for Assault Weapons...I see no weapons matching that "term" posted here. Not to mention the people that came up with that term are the anti-gun left trying to push there agenda!

I own a handgun to defend myself and other people, so that we are not victims of violant crimes. Our federal courts have already ruled that the police departments are not responsible for your safety! Only you are responsible for your safety in this country. I sleep better at night knowing that I can meet the threat factor of the "armed crack head" breaking into my home in the middle of the night!

Here are some court ruling for you to read how the police are not responsible for your safety.
http://www.firearmsandliberty.com/kasler-protection.html

These are just my personal opinions and I am not looking for an argument over this. I just answered the question at hand and gave a explanation for my answer.

Storm

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Very nice! I usually pack as well when out at the ranch...never know what you will see out there...
Baggins

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i so want a dragunov rifle
images

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Carrying a weapon (pistol) while out in the woods MDing is a good thing. Most of the time. There are poisonous snakes to deal with, the occasional target for dinner, some dangerous critters that will attack (mountain lions for one in some parts of the US). So having something better than a shovel can be the difference between life and death. But there is a huge downside. Most states have laws that pretty well define when you can legally shoot someone. It usually involves danger to life and limb and USUALLY deals with people in your house who may be armed while they rob you so you are justified in shooting (killing) them. There is an old saying about making sure you drag somebody you shoot and kill in your yard INSIDE the house before calling the police. It's just the way the law is.

If you carry a weapon, it should NEVER be drawn and pointed at anything unless you intend to kill it. That's why if someone points a weapon at you or at a police officer, deadly force is OK. In the woods, it's going to be different. You need to make sure you know the letter of the law about defending yourself outside your house (or car). You need to be able to make the quick decision and make sure you are in the right. Anything less may cause you to wind up in jail for quite a long time.

So know the law backwards and forward and if you draw and point your weapon make sure you have made the decision to shoot to kill. It's a difficult situation to be in. Just be informed.

Daryl

Ryan1979

Mar 8, 2007
St. Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, ACE250
BioProfessor said:
Carrying a weapon (pistol) while out in the woods MDing is a good thing. Most of the time. There are poisonous snakes to deal with, the occasional target for dinner, some dangerous critters that will attack (mountain lions for one in some parts of the US). So having something better than a shovel can be the difference between life and death. But there is a huge downside. Most states have laws that pretty well define when you can legally shoot someone. It usually involves danger to life and limb and USUALLY deals with people in your house who may be armed while they rob you so you are justified in shooting (killing) them. There is an old saying about making sure you drag somebody you shoot and kill in your yard INSIDE the house before calling the police. It's just the way the law is.

If you carry a weapon, it should NEVER be drawn and pointed at anything unless you intend to kill it. That's why if someone points a weapon at you or at a police officer, deadly force is OK. In the woods, it's going to be different. You need to make sure you know the letter of the law about defending yourself outside your house (or car). You need to be able to make the quick decision and make sure you are in the right. Anything less may cause you to wind up in jail for quite a long time.

So know the law backwards and forward and if you draw and point your weapon make sure you have made the decision to shoot to kill. It's a difficult situation to be in. Just be informed.

Daryl

"It's better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6."

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry, those tourists on the beach can be brutal! ;D

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
I carry a KelTec with .38 hollow points. It's small enough to fit in your pocket but can make a nice size hole. I also carry a Carry permit with me.

i agree with Daryl; once you are away from your house you better know the law and shoot to kill. That was stressed strongly in my Carry Permit class and it was also pointed out if you shoot someone (dead or wounded) you are going to get sued.

Given all that, if I get threatened and attacked, I at least want to go out giving it my all ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread