Am i the only one?

Cooperscoppers

Jul 1, 2018
Canaan ct
Detector(s) used
Garret at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it the hunt or the finds or the connection to our lost history that drives the feeling of I gotta get out there and metal detect or any kind of treasure hunting?For me I think it's a combo of all three I love the hunt that includes the research of an old property at the library or town hall or even talking to elders that have a wealth of knowledge of the area right down to searching for that perfect tone and the treasure in the hole.But the connection to history gives me the most satisfaction. If these treasures could talk I would love to hear the story. What gives you the most satisfaction?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I personally appreciate the connection between history and the find; especially if it's a lost personal item (coin, jewelry or relic) from a long time ago! :icon_thumleft:

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you pluck a coin out of the ground, that someone dropped maybe a hundred years or more ago, it really takes you back in time to wonder about the context of the find, and speculate what transpired. Every one has a history and a mystery in itself. I enjoy pondering the possibilities of that.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I never found much in those Cracker Jack boxes and now it's like here's my chance to find something in a lot bigger box. I guess too,it's just the challenge.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the history. If it wasn't for that I would not detect. Happiness is guessing where a colonial home would have stood, zooming in on the spot and nailing it, with clear evidence no one had ever found it before. Had it happen three times this last year.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read every history related book or article I could find for the area I reside. I enjoy reviewing old maps and looking for prospective sites. It's a great day when I pull a keeper coin or cool relic and I often ponder how it got there and who was the last to touch the item. I consider detecting as a free lottery. The next plug nay be "THE PLUG" that contains treasure.

Good Luck & Happy Hunting.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, you're not the only one. Each time you go out to swing a coil, it's the "you never know what you might find" kind of thing. It's kept my interest for maybe 30 years. (so far...…)

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good post. For me personally, it's all about the History. As a relic hunter I really like finding personal stuff such as buttons, carved game pieces, etc. from bullets that a soldier took time to sit down and create. You wonder who this individual was, what state he was from, what his views were on the war, and if he was lucky enough to survive that horrible CW and return home to his family and loved ones at wars end.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Time Travel" as the character Lance so eloquently stated in the final episode of "The Detectorist", that is what keeps me swinging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread