Amalgamite

Traveller

Sep 22, 2010
Very interesting, but I'm afraid I have no clue what this is.
Perhaps we could all chip in a dollar to help you purchase this. You could try it out and report back to us.
Regards
Bob

OP
OP
C

clydeman

Dec 3, 2010
It's supposed to replace mercury in a (their claim) non toxic way.

To me it looks more like a assay/smelting flux but at lower temperatures. It looks like it needs to be cupeled

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
The guy that is selling the stuff and claiming it is safe is --deleted--, and liable for a lawsuit when someone kills them self trying to recover some gold that way. Anytime you roast/heat up black sands without proper ventilation you run the risk of breathing in lead/mercury/arsenic and other dangerous metals/chemicals. Just make a miller table for 40 bucks and recover the gold that way...

Why I am saying it is dangerous, is the guy is advertising that it is safe cooking black sands on the stove at home, using that method. Sure, the bismuth or w/e it is might be safe to heat up that way, but for most blacksands, that's probably not a good idea without proper ventilation. Just reading that reminds me of that guy that cooked off his mercury in the trailer stove and killed himself and his family.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Astrobouncer, what amount of drop is considered best for a miller slate table?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions