Amazing 14k find

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
A few days ago my dad bought a bunch of stuff at an auction. Usually a bunch of stuff he hopes to resell. Where I wasn't too interested until he pulled out a bracelet. He was like this was throw in the box, the whole box was $5. I was like whoa this looks and feels like gold.

Well today is my birthday and I got the jewelers loop I always wanted. So I checked it out and sure enough it says "14KT" on it which is shown in the picture. I don't know how to tell what is a real diamond and what isn't there is like 10 of them on it. So if they turned out to be real then this would be an amazing find indeed.

It's in like brand new shape no tarnish, or wear or broken or anything.

BUT NOW! There is something I must ask you all. It has the makers mark on it 3 letters. But also it says 4.00 what does that mean? I know sterling is .925 so I don't know what this could be. The 14KT is on the gold clasp, and the mark and 4.00 is on a silver clasp. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 14k1.jpg
    14k1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2,068
  • 14k2.jpg
    14k2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 2,036
  • 14k3.jpg
    14k3.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 2,034
  • 14k4.jpg
    14k4.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 2,016
Upvote 0

gunntekk1

Mar 19, 2005
Newport PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and ACE 250, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
I highly doubt that that bracelet is worth 10,000. 4 carats of diamonds divided over 110 diamonds is 3 or 4 points per diamond. Diamonds of that size are not worth a lot each as compared to a single 4 carat diamond. You may only be looking at a few hundred dollars per carat valuewise. If I had to set a price on it, I would say it is most likely between 2500 and 3000 dollars retail. If you tried to sell it yourself, you could only expect 30-40% of the retail value selling it yourself. It is very hard to sell high end jewelry second hand. But either way, you and your dad made an outstand purchase. You never know what you will get when you buy something at an auction. Congratulations on an excellent aquisition!
Anthony

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find!!! :thumbsup:

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Minelab Soveriegn Elite, Minelab 305
I would also say a value is between $2-3k. I actually found a tennis bracelet a few years back that was worth around 1500, I guess that was my best find to date. You absolutely wouldnt believe the stuff that gets discarded at auctions as "junk", Ive made alot of money in the past just purchasing all of the Costume Jewelery and finding a single piece worth the entire lot...bonus is some of the costume jewelery is worth a good penny as well these days, especially vintage.... :icon_king:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan W Wa. said:
Maybe 4.00 means 4 karat total weight of the diamonds :icon_scratch:

This is what I'm thinking also. Hope it checks out as the real deal for you. Congrats :thumbsup:

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My question is where is the nearest auction I can find? :tongue3: A big Congrats on this one.

Burdie

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW you guys!!! :o What a find!!!! :icon_pirat: Congrats to ya!! :thumbsup:

Nana~

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
dang...thats awesome...hope the diamonds are real....never find anything that good in box lots here

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
wow

awesome find indeed sounds like you got an excellent brithday present for your day

congrats on it and I hope the rest of 2009 is as good to you as your birthday was

tc

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mikewaz said:
Wow, what a story!
It's usually just the opposite with me.... I think I got a great deal on something and find out it's junk.

I see a new detector (and maybe a vacation) in someones future.
Mike
Hi WiseWaz................................Yes...............that is a mighty fine Bling Find Indeed !!!!!!!!

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I found its twin this year. Mine was 14K but the stones were CZ's. If you look closely at them I think you will find that the bigger looking stone are actually emerald cut and not baguettes (maybe, I'm no expert, that's just what mine turned out to be). I sold mine for $90. Good luck to you, I hope yours are the real deal. Take them to any pawn shop and they should have a diamond tester and a gold tester. I would take it to several different places and get more then just one opinion too. Congrats, HH Charlie

Attachments

• AUGUST FINDS (Large).jpg
    AUGUST FINDS (Large).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 710
  • AUGUST FINDS 007 (Large).jpg
    AUGUST FINDS 007 (Large).jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 693
  • AUGUST FINDS (Large).jpg
    AUGUST FINDS (Large).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 704
  • AUGUST FINDS (Large) (2).jpg
    AUGUST FINDS (Large) (2).jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 696
  • AUGUST FINDS 007 (Large).jpg
    AUGUST FINDS 007 (Large).jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 683

outback2000

Jan 11, 2009
The hammer
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola,,Ace250,, Bounty hunter 3300,Vibra probe 560
baguettes refer to the stones in the middle not the round stones i notced yours says 14k,,,,and the one on top says 14kt?also his is stamped 4.00 they look the same but not same i sure would love to hear from the poster if he had it checked out yet

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
outback2000 said:
baguettes refer to the stones in the middle not the round stones i notced yours says 14k,,,,and the one on top says 14kt?also his is stamped 4.00 they look the same but not same i sure would love to hear from the poster if he had it checked out yet

I was refering to the ones in the middle not the round ones. They were actually 5 seperate emerald cut diamonds instead of a single baguette on mine. I have no idea what his are thats just what mine turned out to be. I would really like to hear back from him also as to wether his are real or CZ. I was on cloud nine waiting to find out and it was a huge let down when I found out they were CZ. I hope he doesn't have to go through that.

HH Charlie

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Alrighty then, get it checked out yet?!?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread