May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was visiting New York City with my family and hit the Chelsea fleamarket. I spied this watch is the case and purchased it for $35. It is an 1st place award watch from the 1943 Penn Relays track & field competition. It is engraved on the back "High School Medley Relay Championship." I did some research and found out that the 1943 high school winner was the Clinton high school in the Bronx New York which fits with the location where I got the watch. It appears to be all original. The movement is a Belmar. It needs a service but is amazing piece of history and according to the Penn relays website is awarded to the first place finishers while the school received a bronze plaque. Considering this, it is extremely rare item. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484519286.840422.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484519297.795108.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484519312.201250.jpg

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find!
I'm a sucker for engraved awards for obscure accomplishments.

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small world, I graduated from De Witt Clinton HS. Clinton was a powerhouse of athletics. Other well known graduates included James Baldwin, Burt Lancaster and Robert Klein.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small world, I graduated from De Witt Clinton HS. Clinton was a powerhouse of athletics. Other well known graduates included James Baldwin, Burt Lancaster and Robert Klein.

which famous person are you? just curious I know we have several celebrities on here.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very cool. It certainly has an impressive alumni list.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread