AMAZING day in my own back yard!!!!!!!!!

Sofaman36

Aug 16, 2009
Gadsden, AL
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Amazing day today in mine and my dads (mlhudson) backyard excavation. It all started from him detecting and getting a big signal. When he got to the signal, he had already found several marbles by then, he saw a lot of rust. So he decides to dig the hole a bit bigger. He finally gets the it out. It ends up being a coal scoop. After he retrieves it, he finds an old shoe polish bottle with some watered down polish left in it!!! So he decides to make the hole, EVEN BIGGER!!! It was already nearly 2 feet deep and nearly 4 feet wide! We end up making new holes. Today was the best one yet!!! In all today, my dad found a 1930 Quarter and a 1889 Liberty V nickel!!! But I beat him out! :wink: In all today, I got a 1914-D Barber dime, 1902 Indian Head cent, and (drum roll please...) ... a BEAUTIFUL 2 Cent Piece!!! My first! And I beat my dad to one. Haha Well, thanks for looking everyone. HH
Casey

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,075
Upvote 0

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, buddy!!! I KNEW you were going to find awesomeness, the way you were talking last time. Your place was bound to produce something cool. I still haven't found a 2-center yet.

OP
OP
Sofaman36

Sofaman36

Aug 16, 2009
Gadsden, AL
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Rusted_Iron said:
Yeah, buddy!!! I KNEW you were going to find awesomeness, the way you were talking last time. Your place was bound to produce something cool. I still haven't found a 2-center yet.

Thanks man. Yeah, it is extremely surprising to find stuff that old here! But we did. HH

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some sweet coins. Congrats. I really like your 2 center.

OP
OP
Sofaman36

Sofaman36

Aug 16, 2009
Gadsden, AL
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Deno said:
Those are some sweet coins. Congrats. I really like your 2 center.

Thanks Deno. It's my first and I'm sure I will be admiring it for a LONG time! HH

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is that you in your avatar ::) Just picking on you. WTG on some nice keepers. There has to be more. But don't rent a backhoe :laughing7:

OP
OP
Sofaman36

Sofaman36

Aug 16, 2009
Gadsden, AL
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
crazyjarhead said:
Is that you in your avatar ::) Just picking on you. WTG on some nice keepers. There has to be more. But don't rent a backhoe :laughing7:
Haha Yes it is! :P Thanks. We may need one before long if we keep getting this many great finds in a day!!! HH

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2ft bye 4ft man your dad goes big. :thumbsup: But you did to buddy nice batch of coins. :headbang: I think you are well on your way in the detecting world and if that is you in the avatar then stick with it buddy you seem young enough starting now you will mass a super collection early in life and many other reasons.Knowlege,exercise,good way to pass your time,and one uping your buddies :laughing9: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: Good clean fun stay with buddy! :hello:
TK

OP
OP
Sofaman36

Sofaman36

Aug 16, 2009
Gadsden, AL
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
4-H said:
Great finds but, I have to suggest changing your nic to Detector-man. Because you are a great detectorist!! ;D Seeya man

Thanks 4-H. The funny thing is, we haven't used a detector to find any of this really. We have been screening it and going through all of the dirt!

OP
OP
Sofaman36

Sofaman36

Aug 16, 2009
Gadsden, AL
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
timekiller said:
2ft bye 4ft man your dad goes big. :thumbsup: But you did to buddy nice batch of coins. :headbang: I think you are well on your way in the detecting world and if that is you in the avatar then stick with it buddy you seem young enough starting now you will mass a super collection early in life and many other reasons.Knowlege,exercise,good way to pass your time,and one uping your buddies :laughing9: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: Good clean fun stay with buddy! :hello:
TK

Thanks Timekiller. I'm almost 17 now and have only been into this stuff since April of this year. And I have fallen completely in love with this hobby! HH

OP
OP
Sofaman36

Sofaman36

Aug 16, 2009
Gadsden, AL
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Ziggy-Grimm said:
Sofaman36 said:
After he retrieves it, he finds an old shoe polish bottle with some watered down polish left in it!!!

Now you can shine those shoes!!! :headbang:

Nice finds!

Thanks Ziggy! Haha Nice, but it still has the lid on which is really rusted and impossible to get off. :D HH

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sofaman36 said:
timekiller said:
TK

Thanks Timekiller. I'm almost 17 now and have only been into this stuff since April of this year. And I have fallen completely in love with this hobby! HH
That's good to hear buddy! :thumbsup: I didn't know you guy's were sifting these finds. Maybe a detector is in your future. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: Maybe twist your dads arm a little. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :headbang: :thumbsup:
Keep at it and keep yourself out of trouble and it will happen for you trust me! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Sofaman36

Sofaman36

Aug 16, 2009
Gadsden, AL
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
timekiller said:
Sofaman36 said:
timekiller said:
TK

That's good to hear buddy! :thumbsup: I didn't know you guy's were sifting these finds. Maybe a detector is in your future. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: Maybe twist your dads arm a little. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :headbang: :thumbsup:
Keep at it and keep yourself out of trouble and it will happen for you trust me! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

We already own detectors. :P He just got a huge signal and found several things in the hole which inspired all of this!!! It has turned out to be more than we ever would have expected!!! :icon_sunny:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great finds you made.

It's one of the things I love about this hobby--that just about anything can be found just about anywhere. :)

A BIG congratulations to you. Tell your dad that I wish him all the best too. :hello:

Best Wishes,

Buckles

OP
OP
Sofaman36

Sofaman36

Aug 16, 2009
Gadsden, AL
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
BuckleBoy said:
Those are some great finds you made.

It's one of the things I love about this hobby--that just about anything can be found just about anywhere. :)

A BIG congratulations to you. Tell your dad that I wish him all the best too. :hello:

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Thanks BB. That is one thing I love about the hobby also! I can't wait till I get my MXT!!! There will be no limits as to what I might find then!!! HH

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nothing like that comes out of my backyard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread