AMAZING GOLD FIND

jonnygood

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found near levittown with bh 1100. $50 gold peice.

ForumRunner_20130302_093525.png

ForumRunner_20130302_093525.png

George.°~° HAPPY HUNTING €°~°£ may the odds be ever in your favor ¡¿¥°~°£¿¡

Upvote 1

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Are you saying you found this with a metal detector or some other way? Tennessee digger

OP
OP
J

jonnygood

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detector. The bounty hunter 1100

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Striking coin. A few details please. Was in found encased?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Pulling what looks to be a Mint Condition Gold Piece out of the ground is RARE indeed! 8-)

OP
OP
J

jonnygood

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it was i
Wrapped in.a cloth wrapped with plastic in a metal tin can.

ohiowhiteguy

Oct 11, 2012
clermont county ohio
Detector(s) used
coin master pro,,,Garrett at pro,,, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
amazing is an understatement...almost unbelievable. nice indeed..way to go...sweet...should make banner...congrats...nicest one ive ever seen..cool find...

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an Amazing coin! how some shots of the Back, And tell us the story of finding it..............Congrats HH

ohiowhiteguy

Oct 11, 2012
clermont county ohio
Detector(s) used
coin master pro,,,Garrett at pro,,, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'll take 2...can you bury them for me. i've always wanted to dig one up...

homestead-hunter

Jan 18, 2013
Roswell, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
BH Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa not even a print on it. Im in the process of designing a roving detector which locates only valuable objects, then with the patented DEAD (Detector Extraction Aiding Device) the Rover will automatically insert a tool that will gently extract the object without any hole being dug, or trace of disturbance. It will then move the object to a washing and buffing area, then the object will be move to a 3D laser scanning area where the object will be scanned and stored in digital format for study and record, the object will then be delivered out of the back of the rover hopefully in the same condition as this!!!!

OP
OP
J

jonnygood

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it is a repro, it looks just like the ine in the pic, how wpuld i tell if.it is a repro ir noy, as it comes up as gold on my detector and not clad.

OP
OP
J

jonnygood

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man really gonna kill amzing.if it is a repro, someone went thru alot of trouble to wrap it in cloth plastic and puy.in an old tin and bury if it is a repro. Lol, does any one know how to tell, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whoa not even a print on it. Im in the process of designing a roving detector which locates only valuable objects, then with the patented DEAD (Detector Extraction Aiding Device) the Rover will automatically insert a tool that will gently extract the object without any hole being dug, or trace of disturbance. It will then move the object to a washing and buffing area, then the object will be move to a 3D laser scanning area where the object will be scanned and stored in digital format for study and record, the object will then be delivered out of the back of the rover hopefully in the same condition as this!!!!

Can you put me on the mailing list when it's finished? :love4: ;)

DirtDodger

Mar 13, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found near levittown with bh 1100. $50 gold peice.

Pretty cool find. :thumbsup: No $50 coins were produced circulation in 1877 by the US Mint.

The coins were never officially minted. The House of Representatives approved Guthrie’s proposal for high-value gold coins, but it didn’t pass the Senate, and the proposal for the Union and Half-Union died. In 1877, most likely as a test die for a similar coin, US Mint engraver William Barber produced two variants on the $50 gold coin, two different sizes of the Liberty head on the obverse, and dated 1877. There is no record when they were produce, however, it likely wasn't 1877. Whether there was renewed interest in the California-proposed coins, or a new project, coin collectors are unsure of the source behind those $50 dies.

The two pattern/trial coins produced are house at the Smithsonian since 1885 and are illegal in private hands.

Copies have been sold on TV and internet for years.
$50 Gold Coin (1877) | The Official AsSeenOnTV.com™ Shop

The real deal can be viewed online at:
Collections Search Results | National Museum of American History

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure only a couple of those were ever made so I'm 100% certain it's a repo that someone buried to fool ya.... ..wait I think my dad has one too

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find endeed, :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense but I doubt this is real or that it was dug.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread