Amazing luck! Metal detectors are so useful!

FoundInNC

Mar 20, 2012
Mebane, North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy cow I am blown away by what just happened! I bought some silver coins from a fellow a few years back, and he gave me some books for coins for free. That was cool, but what happened tonight beat all. We are having a yard sale tomorrow, and I was rounding up random stuff when I came across my blue coin books. I started flipping through them to make sure coins were not left in them, but after the first one I got the swell idea to use my pro pointer! As I made my way over the last book, I got a solid beep and it startled me. My girlfriend walked over, and mentioned that it was probably a staple. I turned the page and sure enough a coin was shoved in between the cardboard and completely hidden! The pro pointer was singing! We both stood there in disbelief! Thank God it was the mercury dime folder! It is SILVER! It is dated 1928! You NEVER know what you are going to find! Thanks for reading!
IMAG0443.jpg
IMAG0444.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, pinpointers come in handy! I saved myself a planer blade by checking a board with mine, and sure enough, there was a big chunk of a nail broken off in it.

Nice save on the merc!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions