Amazing Quarter find....

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
So long story short I had to dump some dimes and quarters.I had to work at the Meadowlands Stadium in NJ. So since I was down there I googled a locale TD Bank and found one. I went it started to dump. Bag fills. When the teller opens the bottom I see that the reject slot is clogged. I reach in to clear it and a see a silver washington quarter. I proceed to clear it totaly and almost faint when the silver begins to pour into my hand. Teller said a guy earlier was dumping some old dirty coins that messed up the machine and they where prob. from him. She said "i guess there yours now".
Totals

64- washingtons
1- dateless standing liberty my first
Hell yea

Upvote 0

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right place right time...very nice!

:hello2:

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Did you ask if you could buy the quarter, dime and half bags? Good score with 65 for free though but them bags could look like junk silver bags. Just saying, Mark

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Sweeeeeeeeeeeat score and yes i would have asked to buy the bags too never hurts to ask. Happy hunting RON

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
Great find!!!! :o I've got to start training my dump machines to spit out all the silver coins next time I go :laughing7:

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
HUH.....That's ridiculous. Some guys have all the luck. As you can see I'm envious of your silver slot machine. All I can do is just smirk and shake my head in disbelief. Congrats man
HH and GL,
Frank

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o That's amazing - about $250 in free silver - that would be a score of a lifetime!!! :hello2:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Silver Stripe said:
Did you ask if you could buy the quarter, dime and half bags? Good score with 65 for free though but them bags could look like junk silver bags. Just saying, Mark

I asked to buy the bag. I hinted that some of "my" older coins may have went into the bag. She insisted that the machine rejects silver coins. Which I know is wrong. I should have atleast checked the bag to see if she would have exchanged some out for me. Trust me ive been kicking myself for not doing that. I was just real caught up in grabbing all the silver I could

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread