Amazing Silver Buckle And Other Nice Finds!

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I went for a three hour hunt on an very abandoned field I'd been to before. I didn't expect to find much but what I found was far more than expected! So, the best and most important find I found was a spectacular silver knee-buckle. So when I found it I doubted if it was silver or not. But once I came home and began cleaning it the buckle became more and more special. The buckle has two stamps, The one on the right is 'G' and stands for the county where I live in. And the P.H. initials is really interesting. When I saw it after cleaning it I immediately took out my county's silver-stamp book and found the person's initials. P H stands for 'Pehr Hedlund' which was a silver smith from 1805 to 1809. So it's really cool to think that this guy has made this buckle. Here are some pictures:

IMG_8749[1].JPG IMG_8750[1].JPG IMG_8751[1].JPG

I also found two small bronze coins with the value of '1 Öre'. One of them is from 1881 and other one from 1884. The one in better condition on the right is from Norway. Why I found that Norwegian coin in Sweden is because in those times Sweden and Norway was a union under the ruling king 'Oscar II':

IMG_8752[1].JPG IMG_8753[1].JPG

These are the rest of the finds which includes a silver plated bronze spoon, the letter 'Y' in bronze, a bronze four-holed button, a lead lamp holster, the head of a broken lead spoon and four lead bag seals:

IMG_8745[1].JPG

Here are four unidentified items which I would really appreciate for someone to identify them:

IMG_E8743[1].JPG IMG_E8744[1].JPG

Thank you for reading and have a great day!

Attachments

• IMG_E8743[1].JPG
    IMG_E8743[1].JPG
    412.4 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 25

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beautiful buckle. Great save. Congratulations. Sorry I can’t help with the ID of the others.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love that buckle those coins are killer I would be all over that site

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds. Old coins and super cool buckle! looks like a great day to me. looks like one of your mystery items is a cuff link and the round one might be a dog tax/vax tag.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Number 8 upper right hand corner looks like the latch off of a Doctors Bag.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always great to get a complete & rare silver buckle frame & even better to get a maker & date - CONGRATS

OP
OP
Vldetecting

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds. Old coins and super cool buckle! looks like a great day to me. looks like one of your mystery items is a cuff link and the round one might be a dog tax/vax tag.

I think that the item you're referring to as a cuff link does look like it on the picture but in person it looks quite different. And the round plate/tag has the lettering 'B 1st Roten №7', 'Roten' is a very old forgotten word that was used before we had countys in Sweden for example a larger village and you would name different areas of that village certain numbers such as B & №7 and I believe it might have something to do with a person having for example the tax control of an area in this 'Roten'. Thanks for the feedback too!

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, wow that is a beautiful silver buckle. Congrats on the nice finds:icon_thumleft:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Awesome hunt.Congrats. :occasion14:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super jealous! I’m voting BANNER on the solid silver buckle frame. These things are hard as hell to find. It would certainly be a BANNER find to me personally. Congrats on something that’s very near the top of my want list

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I deem it the Field of Dreams!!! Amazing amazing silver buckle and with the personalization over the top. Congratulations and you go pound that field and make dreams happen.

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I agree that the upper right item is the closure for a bag of some kind, doctor bag, ladies purse etc. From the picture it is hard to be sure, but the lower right item looks like a small pulley. Possibly from a window shade or any number of other things.

No positive IDs, just my best guesses.

OP
OP
Vldetecting

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super jealous! I’m voting BANNER on the solid silver buckle frame. These things are hard as hell to find. It would certainly be a BANNER find to me personally. Congrats on something that’s very near the top of my want list

Thank you so much for the kindness and the banner vote!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much for the kindness and the banner vote!

Anybody who hunts early sites and loves relics will appreciate just how hard it is to find these. Very scarce indeed. I’ve got 25+ shoe buckle frames and not a piece of a silver one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vldetecting

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pictures don't do that buckle just, please snap a few more in better light- incredible find

I got two a little bit better pictures here:

IMG_8760[1].JPG IMG_8761[1].JPG

This is the best I can do. Thanks for the feedback by the way.

I also didn't say this and people might want to know that it is 34x29 mm in length x width and it weighs 4.5 grams.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the nice relics! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions