Amazing Viking Cache found!!! (VIDEO FIXED...IT WORKS NOW!)

I rember it being in the papers a few weeks ago great find cheers

Wow glad they made a video But gotta wonder how they found anything swinging like that

Neither one of those two swing a very good detector. There are prolly more pots that they'll never find. PPPPPPUUUUUUUU on the skills. Excellent vid.

Getting "750,000 Pounds Sterling" for this treasure trove to be split between the land-owner and detectorists seems a little light to me!! There was stuff in this hoard from as far away as Russia for cryin' out loud......I read somewhere that there are about 30,000 active detectorists in the UK. So, one way to look at it is that these guys beat 30,000:1 odds with the find of a lifetime. I am so happy for them anyways. Mustuv been extremely exciting to pull stuff like that out of a hole! stvn.

Outstanding story!!! It is great that the detectorist in England get so much respect for what they do, especially from the government. The Pound to the dollar exchange rate is $1.00 USD = 0.679637 GBP 1 GBP = $1.47137 USD

This video should be sent to EVERY archaeologist in America.

Sometimes ya just get lucky. I sure hope they were just swinging the coils for the camera because otherwise, that's about the worst technique I've ever seen...not that I'm jealous or anything :coffee2:

I too think that the old boys were just swinging for the camera. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back