Amazing Weekend At the Flea Market

ashleyj

Feb 15, 2015
New Brunswick
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to a huge 900 vendor flea market this weekend and I must have been the only one looking for gold. In gas, purchases, parking and entrance fee I must have spent $200 but I came away with about $1000 in scrap gold. It was a great weekend!!!! Some of my better finds was 14 gram necklace 14k for $5, 10k gold Figaro bracelet 5 grams for $3, a 10k gold onyx ring for $7, and a 14k gold Emerald necklace for $6, and a 10k gold necklace 10 grams for $2. Lots more scrap gold and some nice silver pieces. Hoping to sell the stuff for more than scrap though.
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great day! Congrats!

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a score! That must have been a treasure hunter's dream flea market! Amazing, the profit potential on your investment is outstanding! Congratulations!

RJA

OP
OP
A

ashleyj

Feb 15, 2015
New Brunswick
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, the flea market was amazing, there was stuff for every collector and treasure hunter, antiques, comics, glassware, jewelry, bottles, antique farm equipment, silverware, records. I imagine one of the more experienced treasure hunters on here probably could have made a small fortune. I only really know about jewelry and gold so I stuck to what I know. With what I found I just was so excited I had to share! :)

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!! It's amazing how so many people still have no idea as to what they have and are selling! Lucky for the rest of us that we do!! Again, well done!!

dacidiver

Aug 16, 2015
Honolulu, Hawaii
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good for you at the flea market! I would love to go to flea mkts. but here in Hawaii you really need a car to do that. I live in a bldg full of elderly and I watch the pile of stuff that is going to the landfill. So true that people have no idea what they are tossing out. I have found wonderful art work, old books etc. I know I am not in same category as real treasure hunters but I am happy with what I find. Leather sofas: when I find one on the street I use my box cutter and strip off big pieces of leather and make things with it. I guess I am more in the dumpster diver category but they don't seem to have a web site. Or do they? Anybody know?

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does make sense to me is... do these people not look closely at their stuff for sale. do they spend 3-700$ on something and fo0rget, then mark it for 10? I don't know how this even still happens!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm going to have start going to the flea markets and yard sales!
Congratulations on your profitable scores!

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is really hurting us a little is all those darn shows like American Pickers, Pawn Stars, Restoration this, restoration that, all of those car shows, they even have thrift store shows (forgot what they are called! We all know that Goodwill has their own little special website similar to E. Once in a while something slips by them! :-) When I don't go to garage sales, thrift stores, flea markets I feel like a junkie in withdrawal! I live for these things! Remember, like in anything..it's the law of averages! The more of them you go to, the more your chances of scoring! Good luck to all!

RJA

Last edited:

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Good for you at the flea market! I would love to go to flea mkts. but here in Hawaii you really need a car to do that. I live in a bldg full of elderly and I watch the pile of stuff that is going to the landfill. So true that people have no idea what they are tossing out. I have found wonderful art work, old books etc. I know I am not in same category as real treasure hunters but I am happy with what I find. Leather sofas: when I find one on the street I use my box cutter and strip off big pieces of leather and make things with it. I guess I am more in the dumpster diver category but they don't seem to have a web site. Or do they? Anybody know?

Yes there is a dumpster diving section! Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread