Amazing witchcraft plaque and a US coin from England!

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, recently i have been feeling a bit fed up of searching on my usual permissions as the finds have been getting a bit sparse lately. So today i thought i would head to the first place i ever metal detected nearly 5 years ago, the river foreshore at the River Humber.
On arrival i could see that due to the lack of heavy storms so far this winter the summers silt layer was still clinging onto the chalk base rock. unfortunately this was around 1 foot deep on the area i wanted to search, an area where i had found hammered coins before!
So today i just covered a variety of different areas around the bridge. I managed quite a few coins none that old but one amazing american one, a mobile phone and also a very strange gold plated religous or even demon worshipping plaque! this find is one of the freakiest things i have ever found and there is history of people trying witchcraft in the nearby forested area to make it even worse!

I hope you enjoy the video as much as i did making it.
happy hunting all!

https://youtu.be/ih0IuIj1Jgw

Upvote 5

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope to get a chance to watch the video later. Sounds like some cool finds. I know some people on here really like some pictures along with the video. Plus if a find is banner worthy you need a nice picture. Can you post a few later? [emoji2]

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes nice plaque. but You should at the very least open your Video Up so it posts
and can be watched directly from here.

and as
K1DDO1979
says Pictures make the threads more interesting

Last edited:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great video Bainsey. Fun to watch after being inside all day sick. I was feeling all 6's and 7's not being able to go hunt.

Cheers

Qball

Jan 18, 2013
northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
nox 800 xp deus, CTX, etrac,T2, gonkulator
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great video. I plan on being in the UK next fall and hope to do some mucking myself. the plaque appears to be from a ladies pocketbook or reticule. do not get plague out there. Cheers, Qball

OP
OP
B

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheers for all the comments and ID attempts and I will get some photos up when I get back today, going on a 10 mile hike soon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread