Amazing & Worst Day Of Metal Detecting In Sweden

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So first of, I woke up at 7 am and we were heading to an abandoned house from the late 1800's which still hadn't fall apart. I've had some issues with my detector lately and today when I was gonna start detecting it went really weird as it also did last time I detected. So I got really disappointed and went back to the car trying taking some new batteries and realizing that I had my rechargeable battery in there. So it was impossible to detect for me and we went home to find the other battery which isn't rechargeable. And after maybe 30 minutes of searching after it we finally found it and when I tried to plug the battery holder into my AT Max it didn't fit cause it was double sized for some strange reason that I also hadn't known cause I hadn't used it yet. So now I HAD to use the rechargeable battery, I started to charge it and then I realized that the contact of the charger was american made which dosen't fit in our European contact holes in Sweden cause I had bought the detector from USA. My father told me he had a adapter to the charger so we looked for that for another 15 minutes and found it. After three hours of charging the batteries we were ready to go. Since that house location was so far away we went to a field instead closer to us. And I can say that I was very glad we did so cause this was my best hunt of 2018 so far! I only detected there for about an hour and managed to get great finds!

First find was a beautiful bronze brooch that was probably stuck to some furniture or maybe a small box:

IMG_8095[1].JPG IMG_8096[1].JPG

I also found a tiny bronze woman's corset clip which probably was from the 1800's:

IMG_8087[1].JPG

The next find was very decorative bronze screw that probably also had been stuck to some furniture:

IMG_8092[1].JPG

I also found this small broken ring looking lead object:

IMG_8090[1].JPG IMG_8089[1].JPG

The last find of the day was a cut bronze plate (which I almost thought was an old and rare medieval cut Swedish square copper money):

IMG_8093[1].JPG IMG_8094[1].JPG

And the best find of the day which was the second find of the day was a small silver spoon handle from 1856! The makers mark is GM which can't be found in any Swedish internet archive, it also has the 'Three Crowns' as authenticity of the silver and a symbol telling that's it is made in Stockholm, B5 stands for the year 1856:

IMG_8097[1].JPG IMG_8098[1].JPG

For me this is a really good start for metal detecting this year, and thank you for reading!

Last edited:
Upvote 21

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see some things from Sweden. They have invited me to visit. Always wanted to visit and bring my metal detector

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tough start, but you pulled out a nice hunt! :occasion14:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'd say your finds are pretty good' 4 leaf clover, corset hook, possibly a couple of cloth seals, congrats on the silver spoon.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Some days bingo is a good option.:thumbsup: But you turned it around to the positive.

OP
OP
Vldetecting

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say your finds are pretty good' 4 leaf clover, corset hook, possibly a couple of cloth seals, congrats on the silver spoon.

Thank you for the kindness. And actually, strange enough I didn't find a single cloth or bag seal.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IF THAT IS ALL I COULD FIND , I WOULD WHINE. IF ONLY I COULD HUNT IN SWEDEN I TELL MYSELF ,TO KEEP ON DREAMING. NICE FINDS

OP
OP
Vldetecting

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great saves !!
Have you considered Gustav Mollenberg (Stockholm) as the spoon handle maker?
Don.......

I don't think so cause he died in 1851 but the spoon is from 1856...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread