Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
savant365 said:
Smudge said:
Only problem is, how much attention do we want to draw to this hobby of ours? If there's a tv show about it, and the hosts are making impressive finds, that could result in thousands of new detectors out there scooping up everything.

Sorry if I sould too self-interested, but the more folks who think we're just a bunch of kooks digging up pull tabs and not worth giving a second thought, the better. :dontknow:

Thats true but just think of the deals you could get on used equipment a couple of months after 99% of those guys didn't find anything :thumbsup:

That would be a silver lining, wouldn't it?

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
Texjim and I would of had a great episode today... When we broke for lunch we ended up towing a ladies car to the gas station for her (just around the corner) and then on our way home we (99% texjim) came across a woman and her daughter with a fawn stuck on the tow hook of her explorer (I think it was an explorer :dontknow:)

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Action!".......let's face it, unless you're metal detecting with Spart and his huge friend Morriss our hobby lacks action. We could run with the reality TV angle but there's not much interest in watching a couple guys yanking pull tabs and clad coins out of the ground, unless you're watching Spart and his big friend Morriss doing it as they tend to disagree on the make and year of them quite often. Now then, if we could put a couple of foul-mouthed super models in tiny thongs and have them searching for things in knee-deep mud each week and show them physically wrestling over their finds, well.....perhaps then we might stand a modern day chance of creating a real following. Understand that if this last idea gets picked up by the networks I reserve the right to chauffeur these two young ladies from one destination to the next. :thumbsup:

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
People would be bored. Haven't you ever showed your most amazing find to a non-detectorist? They just say "cool", and then they want to move on to a different conversation!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop said:
"Action!".......let's face it, unless you're metal detecting with Spart and his huge friend Morriss our hobby lacks action. We could run with the reality TV angle but there's not much interest in watching a couple guys yanking pull tabs and clad coins out of the ground, unless you're watching Spart and his big friend Morriss doing it as they tend to disagree on the make and year of them quite often.[quote
author=Neil in West Jersey link=topic=336101.msg2435912#msg2435912 date=1279980037]
People would be bored. Haven't you ever showed your most amazing find to a non-detectorist? They just say "cool", and then they want to move on to a different conversation!
[/quote]

In the words of Ned Flanders "Indeedley doodley" Even the lesche fights between Morris and I gets old after you've seen them once. :icon_thumleft:

There is virtually no excitement in watching someone dig a hole and let that special on "Jesse James Buried Treasure", be your lesson. That show had me on the edge of me seat waiting for the next commercial. Imagine the excitement when someone finds those one of rare beaver tailed pull tabs, or a gnarled zinc coin. As a matter of fact I doubt an old silver coin would get that much rise out of a viewer. On the other hand, if you were able to find a Civil War boot with the foot still in it, you may have a winner :headbang:

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Well what about that show Meteorite Men? It's the same thing basically except we find more stuff.

The thing I would be worried about is the Archeologists having a problem with it. On the other hand it might show them that we are not grave robbers and historic site destroyers!!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Us yanks"I love it. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread