Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been watching all the American Gold Shows on Sky, Gold Rush, Jungle Gold, Gold Divers and now Ice Gold Divers, are all these shows made by the same producers :icon_scratch: because they all seem to have the same format, equipment breakdowns, failure, inexperience...ect.

But I must admit, I'm hooked and can't get enough, it just seems they are all similar, and most likely staged.

SS

Upvote 0

improvmechanic

Jan 5, 2013
I think it feels like they are staged because they're only showing the bad days. I've noticed on gold rush they seem to be showing less and less of Dave as he's doing better.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for the most part they are crap. fun to watch sometimes but not what mining is really like. yes there are breakdowns but success doesn't sell a show it needs drama wheather real or scripted. no matter the producer they all use the same formula for the show.

B H Prospector

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been watching all the American Gold Shows on Sky, Gold Rush, Jungle Gold, Gold Divers and now Ice Gold Divers, are all these shows made by the same producers :icon_scratch: because they all seem to have the same format, equipment breakdowns, failure, inexperience...ect.

But I must admit, I'm hooked and can't get enough, it just seems they are all similar, and most likely staged.

SS

SS,

There are a couple that you are missing there old chap.
In case they wont be aired in the UK on SKY, here is where you can view full episodes online........

BAMAZON: Bamazon ? History.com Videos

GHOST MINE: Digging for Answers | Ghost Mine | Syfy Video | Syfy

BERING SEA GOLD: Bering Sea Gold : Discovery Channel (this may be the same as Gold Divers)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Norseman

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also NatGeo's "gold diggers". Probably the least staged/drama show of all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread