American old war button found in Mexico

Arkennon

Feb 4, 2011
Northwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
You really might want to consider uploading those pics here, I would be interested to see what people have to say about that "button".

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that's a very interesting button! :o
Here you go chat77! :icon_thumright:

Dave

Attachments

• Button Front.jpg
    Button Front.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 522
  • Button Reverse.jpg
    Button Reverse.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 507

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is written on the back? Are there any other symbols besides the star?

OP
OP
C

chat77

Aug 31, 2010
Aguascalientes, Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 300
Thank you very much for uploading the pics Dave! Im pretty new in this forum I havent learn how to do it yet!

Gracias From Mexico!

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the pictures it is hard to tell...Is it Gold? That front of the button sure does look like a 2 1/2 D gold coin.. Kinda...
Not exactly????? Man I don't know...Very interesting to say the least.

Attachments

• coronetr.jpg
    coronetr.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 443

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is something about this that I can not put my finger on. Can you tell us an area where you found it ?
I am looking but it is a coin like was said above by Cptn Crunch , but the star on the back , that is what has me thinking
it may not be what you think.
Give us any detail you can as that will help. And was it found near the Old German settlements in your area ? The text = Name a place . next = Factory or mill and the latter one,= emblem or sign .

Sorry for the modify , had to restart Browser as to Grandchild helping Grand pa !

I speak German , not perfect though. The meaning has a lot to do to were it is in a sentence and the sort. But this is the gist of it.
Someone who speaks it as a native language will translate better.

The last word in the list has many translations and the first word can mean a hotel or Hostel , so you see I need a native speaking German to help with this. I can carry on a conversation with modern German , but I have spoken it in so many years I am having to remember .
Hope this helps a little.

OP
OP
C

chat77

Aug 31, 2010
Aguascalientes, Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 300
Daedalus said:
There is something about this that I can not put my finger on. Can you tell us an area where you found it ?
I am looking but it is a coin like was said above by Cptn Crunch , but the star on the back , that is what has me thinking
it may not be what you think.
Give us any detail you can as that will help. And was it found near the Old German settlements in your area ? The text = Name a place . next = Factory or mill and the latter one,= emblem or sign .

Sorry for the modify , had to restart Browser as to Grandchild helping Grand pa !

I speak German , not perfect though. The meaning has a lot to do to were it is in a sentence and the sort. But this is the gist of it.
Someone who speaks it as a native language will translate better.

The last word in the list has many translations and the first word can mean a hotel or Hostel , so you see I need a native speaking German to help with this. I can carry on a conversation with modern German , but I have spoken it in so many years I am having to remember .
Hope this helps a little.

The button was found 6 miles south of the city of Aguascalientes (same State) and As far I know there is no old german settlements down here? I have your heard about old german settlements in mexico, at all? I know te button was made in germany. but was made for the Us army and may be was used by an american soldier who participate in the American invasion to mexico back in 1947....

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EINGEHR.FABRIK-ZEICHEN translates roughly to "received factory mark" or the english equivalent would be "registered trade mark" not sure about the star logo. looks like brass though, not gold. Neat find, I hope to hear more about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread