Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmmmmmm I never knew these things ran on gas ....... :laughing9: I wonder why hes in the shop , musta thrown a belt huh :laughing9:

Attachments

• Traveling The Heartland 043.JPG
    Traveling The Heartland 043.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 737

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Hey Fossis,
Kyle and I go to the Forksville general store once a week for their world famous cheesesteaks. The best in the world. I live about a mile from that stone barn with the red shuttered windows. I see you were up at the Worlds End State park because I recognize the Canyon Vista Lookout picture. My wife and I go their once in a while. You were driving through prime colonial Pa.
Chris.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank69 said:
hmmmmmmm I never knew these things ran on gas ....... :laughing9: I wonder why hes in the shop , musta thrown a belt huh :laughing9:

Possibility. :laughing7:

Fossis..........

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
zztop357 said:
There is water in the jugs I bet. The horse has to have a lot of water, hot as it is.

Probably so, it just looked funny, so I took the pic.

Fossis.............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
Hey Fossis,
Kyle and I go to the Forksville general store once a week for their world famous cheesesteaks. The best in the world. I live about a mile from that stone barn with the red shuttered windows. I see you were up at the Worlds End State park because I recognize the Canyon Vista Lookout picture. My wife and I go their once in a while. You were driving through prime colonial Pa.
Chris.

You're in 'some beautiful country', the mts look a lot like our mts here in Ar & Ok.
On our first trip, they took us to Niagara falls, this time 'Amish Country' & Gettysburg, i'll post those pic's later.

Fossis.............

bama20a

Aug 6, 2011
Small world,I was just up there last week on the 3rd of Aug.Seems to sound alittle dirty,but I was north of Intercourse at Blue Ball :laughing9:
It's on highway23.Mark,,,,,,,,

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bama20a said:
Small world,I was just up there last week on the 3rd of Aug.Seems to sound alittle dirty,but I was north of Intercourse at Blue Ball :laughing9:
It's on highway23.Mark,,,,,,,,

It sure is, my Son-in-law told me about 'Blue Ball. 8)

Fossis............

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
fossis said:
My wife & I traveled to Pa to visit our Daughter & Son-in-law, we had a welcome relief from our 'Terrible Drought' in Ok, although it was hot a few days, there were a few rains to cool things down.
We visited Parks, saw beautiful cool streams & Mts, saw covered bridges etc.......
We traveled to Amish Country, driving through 'Intercourse Pa', we visited shops, saw a band composed of Old timers, saw a man giving his team of horses a 'cool down', saw one hauling gas cans on his buggy, the corn was growing very thick & tall, it is Beautiful country.

Fossis..............
Nice bunch of pictures, thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian C. said:
fossis said:
My wife & I traveled to Pa to visit our Daughter & Son-in-law, we had a welcome relief from our 'Terrible Drought' in Ok, although it was hot a few days, there were a few rains to cool things down.
We visited Parks, saw beautiful cool streams & Mts, saw covered bridges etc.......
We traveled to Amish Country, driving through 'Intercourse Pa', we visited shops, saw a band composed of Old timers, saw a man giving his team of horses a 'cool down', saw one hauling gas cans on his buggy, the corn was growing very thick & tall, it is Beautiful country.

Fossis..............
Nice bunch of pictures, thanks for sharing.

You're welcome Brian.

Fossis...............

allan

Oct 7, 2008
Vega Baja
Makes me homesick a lil , I lived in the Mount Joy area right before moving here to Puerto Rico used to love seeing the Amish waiting patiently at the red light in front of the house , Isn't that band set up right where they filmed the movie Witness ? Heading back for a week or 2 in the spring and taking my md so if your going to be around at the same time and want to get out send me a pm. I will be going in may more than likely, cool nights but warm days my body hasn't felt anything cooler than 66 in years, my son told me the recent storms wiped out a few of the covered bridges, hope they are rebuilt

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kenley said:
Fosis..that is probably the biggest "tip Jar" I have ever seen.

Me too. :tongue3:

Fossis...........

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allan said:
Makes me homesick a lil , I lived in the Mount Joy area right before moving here to Puerto Rico used to love seeing the Amish waiting patiently at the red light in front of the house , Isn't that band set up right where they filmed the movie Witness ? Heading back for a week or 2 in the spring and taking my md so if your going to be around at the same time and want to get out send me a pm. I will be going in may more than likely, cool nights but warm days my body hasn't felt anything cooler than 66 in years, my son told me the recent storms wiped out a few of the covered bridges, hope they are rebuilt

The band was in a group of stores selling 'Amish goods', not sure if it was the movie site.
The area around the covered bridge in my pic was hit very hard, our Daughter & Son-in-law had to move to higher ground, but still got the lower half of their large trailer full of mud & water, they are camping in his office in a local town.
Thanks for the invite, but it's not likely I will get back up there for a while.

Fossis............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okie Hillbillies said:
hey those sure are some great pictures. I hope to go there and see the country for myself someday.

Vera

Thanks Vera.

Fossis...........

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you got lucky and missed the flooding in sept