Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Easter and I know its Easter as it has rained all day here in Germany, LOL! Finally got some time to detect so into the rain I went, detected a field I haven?t been to but have had permission for two years. Detecting along, a man drove up and got out of his car, I thought oh crap, it?s raining and this guy stopped, I haven?t met the owner of this field as I received permission over the phone, thought he might be the owner so I walked over and introduced myself. Turns out he is a farmer and owns the other surrounding fields and was just curious what I was doing. I showed him a few finds and he said he had found several Swedish horse shoes in his fields dating around 400
years old and believes an old road once went through his land. He invited me to his farm for a look but I had to decline as I wanted to detect. He also gave me permission to detect his land but its rough plowed so he said I can come back after he plants the fields, what a nice guy! He came back about 20 minutes later and showed me a nice horse shoe that surely dates to the 1600s. Had a real good day in spite of the rain and detected for around 3 hours, then the wind, rain and mud just got to be too much. Here?s the finds: 3 lead seals, one has crossed hammers on it and is probably from the 1700s and a nice dog license tag dated 1890, 15 Marks was a lot of money for a dog back then.
15Apr06relics.jpg

Obverse of three coins, from left to right an 1865 copper 1 Pfenning, 1921 Aluminum 50 Pfenning and an 1838ish copper 2 Pfenning.
15Apr06coins.jpg

Here?s a special find, a WWII badge with a swastika, date of 1942 is hard to read at the bottom below the swastika and the back pin is intact. The metal is mostly Zinc and is in nice condition coming off a farm field. Thanks for looking and HH, Mike
swast.jpg

Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike ,that is a really cool pin! You seem to find a lot of Natzi pins . HH

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Looking Relics Mike.

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here?s a special find, a WWII badge with a swastika, date of 1942 is hard to read at the bottom below the swastika and the back pin is intact. The metal is mostly Zinc and is in nice condition coming off a farm field.

I think that is a Police pin of some sort, I have had several of them, they normally sell over here in US for about 15 to 25 dollars. Very nice find. Now find me a golden party pin. ;D

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments and thanks DG39, you are correct, it has been IDed as a Police issued badge for help during the winter of 1942 in emergency times. HH, Mike

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always cool stuff....Thanks for posting and happy Easter! have a great Holiday........... 8)

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
nICE stuff, Mike! Never found so well-preserved zinc here

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread