An Ebay Return Question...

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
When i have a problem i call paypal at … 1-402-935-2050 … The reason is that i can not find a phone number for Ebay…..And when i get paypal on the phone they say that is a Ebay problem we can not handle that….. So i knew they would say that…. So i would ask them to please transfer me to ebay and they do and most times ebay fixs my problem...
It's not difficult to get a phone number for Ebay. They will give you a temporary code to enter if I remember correctly. I would give the guy a few days to pick up the package & then call Ebay if he hasn't responded or sent your refund. Have the tracking info ready to give them and also the message he sent you advising you to return it for a refund. Should be that simple.

Merc

Greenie
Jun 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get the phone number of the person you are dealing with and call them directly. Remind him or her that you have sent the package and it is at the post office. I had an empty box come in Saturday from some ball valves I ordered. I took some pictures of the box, let the seller know and put my cell number in the message. About 20 minutes later I got a call from him and he is going to give me a full refund. I have had mostly good luck with most of my purchases but I do my homework and always use paypal to pay.

I will say be very careful about buying stuff from China. I purchased a diving light and the description on it was way off. Because the seller sells a lot of items on ebay they wanted me to send it back to China and pay for the shipping. Wait two months on the refund. The seller knew the light was not 4500LMs but it was only 3000LMs. I took pictures of the card inside of the package and the seller keep delaying the replies till the time was just about out. I just checked and the same light is still being sold as 4500LMs by several sellers. Looks like when you sell over 1739 items a month and only have 18 negatives ebay lets you do what you want? :BangHead:

Hope you get a full refund,

Jerry

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not difficult to get a phone number for Ebay. They will give you a temporary code to enter if I remember correctly. I would give the guy a few days to pick up the package & then call Ebay if he hasn't responded or sent your refund. Have the tracking info ready to give them and also the message he sent you advising you to return it for a refund. Should be that simple.
I knew that but it is a lot easier the way i do it and i am not pinned down to a certain amount of time...

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
FYI, for your own protection, use a credit card when paying with pay pal. I got a silk jacket from Hong Kong with a huge grease stain in the front. PP said they only cover the item being delivered, not it being in wearable condition. They sided with the seller. I called my CC company and got my money back via them. I will never, ever use PP with a CC.
I even transfer the money out of my account so they can't use it for a transaction. Good luck! sounds like a weird situation.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update, what a joke!
I woke up this morning and checked ebay. Saw that they closed the case. In the seller's favor! You people got me confused, this ain't happening! Here is the message I received-

eBay Customer Support has reviewed and closed the case. We are unable to refund you for your item.Feb 11, 2014 at 7:06 PM

eBay Customer Support comments:
You returned the item without authorization from the seller or eBay and did not provide tracking.

Wrong answer. I did provide tracking information and the seller did acknowledge that I could return it. My message to him-

This tester will not calibrate correctly. I will be returning it for a full refund.

His reply to me, 18 minutes later, the only time he communicated with me.-

no problem, I purchased it new, did not use the unit much, and it seemed to do what I wanted it to do.

My next reply-

I mailed this out yesterday with signature confirmation. The tracking number is .....(provided number).

My next reply to ebay-

Your message to eBay Customer Support:
"Purchased item from seller. Item wouldn't function properly. Notified seller of situation. Seller told me to return for a refund. I returned item via USPS with signature confirmation per ebay rules and regulations. I then notified the seller that it was in the mail and provided him with the tracking number. Delivery attempt was made, notice was left. I messaged seller informing him of this. He isn't communicating and I have had no communication from him since Feb. 3 at 5:50 am pst, exactly 18 minutes later, after opening this case. This is the only communication I have had with this seller. Item is now sitting at Post Office waiting to be picked up by seller. I have followed the proper protocol per ebay rules and regulations. I want a full refund for the item that I returned to the seller. The tracking number for this returned item is- *******************. Additional note- When originally shipped, seller did not provide me with tracking information, nor did he send the item with signature confirmation as required per ebay rules and regulations."

I got on the phone and called ebay. Took less than 1 minute to get an east Indian female sitting in a call center in Bangledesh named Tammy, imagine that lol. She informed me that the seller did not acknowledge that I could return the item...??? Hello, read my messages. In English the term "no problem" translates to a "yes". Next she says that the address I returned it to was not the correct address for the guy. Me- Excuse me but this was the return address on the package that the item was shipped in. Yes but his address is listed as being in AZ. not OR.. Me- Yes, but that is the only address I had from him. Those details are not available anymore on ebay for some odd reason. They used to be. Excuse me but you need to transfer me to someone above you immediately please.

She then transfers me to an actual American in America that speaks clear language and doesn't sound like he is in outer space orbiting the earth's atmosphere in a capsule. The guy explained to me that because I didn't return it to his listed address is the reason the claim was denied. I said, it's the only address I had, you guys don't provide that information like you used to, it's the one he used on his package when shipped to me and it now shows that he signed for it in person at the PO yesterday afternoon. The fact that he had to sign for it at the PO tells me that he had to show ID in order to pick it up. I have never been able to pick up a package with signature confirmation at the PO without showing ID. I think this guy is shady and trying to get over on me. He now has his item back and my money. He agreed with me. He then stated that the seller has to respond to the case via the ebay resolution center, that he will accept the return and that there is a button he can push that gives his contact information to me. WTF??

Long story short (sort of) the guy told me he will be issuing me a refund within 48 hours. Moral of the story is when you open a case always ask the seller for his return address in writing, don't ever return an item using only the return address that was on the package you receive, you may not get as lucky as I did.

Just got this message from ebay-

We've reviewed the appeal of case 5050***** involving this transaction with :

We've reversed the outcome of the case. If you paid for your purchase with PayPal, we'll credit your PayPal account. Payment processing for your credit may take up to 7 days.

Blah. blah, blah, blah, blah.......

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She then transfers me to an actual American in America that speaks clear language and doesn't sound like he is in outer space orbiting the earth's atmosphere in a capsule.
This made me tear up laughing :laughing9:

Glad it worked out in the End

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Dig,

Glad it worked out for you.

When you get the ebay customer service email asking how your service was, please ding the daylights out of them. More than once, I've had ebay reps that can speak English, but have no clue as to what is being said.

While I wish that ebay was using Americans in their call centers, the bottom line is that the call center reps should be able to comprehend what the customers are saying.

Some of the conversations I've had with a few reps were almost absurd...they have absolutely no clue.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread