An epic day...for a Rookie

Btoots

Nov 16, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I took a trip to Warren Center PA. this week and dug(which was a complete nightmare) I feel sorry for you northerners. It took 5 minutes to dig some holes with all the rocks and clay up there. I live in Fla. and can dig a hole 3 feet in the same amount of time:) Anyway, 4 Silver Roosies, an 1864 Ben Franklin token, Bosom whistle from the A.E. co. of Utica NY and all Sterling. Mother of Pearl knife, a Sterling silver woman's band, An Eagle Co. lock, 22 Wheats, 1943 Australian half penny, 4 flat buttons all about the size of a penny, beautiful carriage broach w/ sterling wheels, two brass bells two inches and heavy(not pictured), two silver plate spoons, a no date Buffalo Nickel, and some other clad and junk. Also next to the lock is a piece from a gun I think, brass and broken but I did not bring it back so it's the only pic I have. Not bad for 2 hours work. I posted another button in the "what is it" forum since I have no idea what it is but it has a bull on it and is a bit larger than a quarter. One last thing, looking at the wheats, it blows my mind that they basically turned orange-red. Having never dug up north, do they all end up that color? They were also mostly fried. Could still read the dates but corroded as H*#L. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• FullSizeRender(2).jpg
    FullSizeRender(2).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 215
Upvote 14

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a very productive hunt. Congrats on some great finds.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortment of finds! Congrats! Silver is a sweet find.

The coins dug up here can come in an array of colors due to minerals, alkali, pollutants, etc in the soil.
These are clad quarters. image.jpg

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Btoots. Nice digs and yes we are blessed here in FL. BTW I think your Rookie status is over. Good luck tomorrow. C9

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That carriage broach is awesome check for a makers mark you may have something there. Are you still in PA if so PM me well go digging. I'm self employed so I can tell the boss to go pound sand for a day or two.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you soak the wheats in vinegar. If you did that will make them the color you see. Nice finds anyway.
Well, I took a trip to Warren Center PA. this week and dug(which was a complete nightmare) I feel sorry for you northerners. It took 5 minutes to dig some holes with all the rocks and clay up there. I live in Fla. and can dig a hole 3 feet in the same amount of time:) Anyway, 4 Silver Roosies, an 1864 Ben Franklin token, Bosom whistle from the A.E. co. of Utica NY and all Sterling. Mother of Pearl knife, a Sterling silver woman's band, An Eagle Co. lock, 22 Wheats, 1943 Australian half penny, 4 flat buttons all about the size of a penny, beautiful carriage broach w/ sterling wheels, two brass bells two inches and heavy(not pictured), two silver plate spoons, a no date Buffalo Nickel, and some other clad and junk. Also next to the lock is a piece from a gun I think, brass and broken but I did not bring it back so it's the only pic I have. Not bad for 2 hours work. I posted another button in the "what is it" forum since I have no idea what it is but it has a bull on it and is a bit larger than a quarter. One last thing, looking at the wheats, it blows my mind that they basically turned orange-red. Having never dug up north, do they all end up that color? They were also mostly fried. Could still read the dates but corroded as H*#L. Thanks for looking

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY THERE BOOTS , THATS A LOT OF LOOT . COOL.

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice bunch of finds.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds ! Nothing like good ole north eastern rock :thumbsup:

OP
OP
B

Btoots

Nov 16, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope John, just a bit of water so we could see the dates, thanks.

M

OP
OP
B

Btoots

Nov 16, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry NEP, left on Monday. If I had a nickel for every house I saw up there that was 100 years plus......

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great assortment of goods, I think the item in the top right is whats called a bosuns whistle or boatswains call

I was with vino earlier this year when he found one. heres his: 1435092570602.jpg
heres a link to it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boatswain's_call

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tremendous haul of great stuff you have unearthed,and all that in a two hour span. Amazing!!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the very productive and varied recovery of items.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a good 2 hr hunt for anyone!!! Congrats, and I agree your not a rookie anymore.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dunno about the rest of you...but I'd like to hear WAAAY more about this Bosom Whistle!! :hello2: Helluva hunt - Great job!!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Really like the carriage broach

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed on the rock dilemma sometimes I think I should carry a electric jackhammer with me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions