An Explanation of The "Lost Dutchman Mine"?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion , in the beginning , " Dutchman " maybe he stole and he sold gold of Vulture mine . But then , he found with a little help , the Peralta's mine .
What date was sold the gold which was examined ?
" Dutchman " found the Peralta's mine about 1878 .

Marius

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my opinion, "The Lost Dutchman Gold Mine," is one of the best fairy tales of all times. :hello:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
In my opinion, "The Lost Dutchman Gold Mine," is one of the best fairy tales of all times. :hello:

Terry,

It may be one of the best, but it pales in comparison to the treasures of Oz, and the Tucson artifacts. Calalus my friend, Calalus.......Find that treasure, and you will change the history of America........Nay, the world.

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Think of the millions that have been made from the "Legend" of Jacob Waltz. An entire economy built around it. Some people knew where the "gold mine" was all along..

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Think of the millions that have been made from the "Legend" of Jacob Waltz. An entire economy built around it. Some people knew where the "gold mine" was all along..

Yes.....I know. For me, starting out so young, it opened up a world of history that I feel was even more valuable than any monetary rewards.

Joe Ribaudo

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry

Maybe "The Lost Dutchman Gold Mine," is one of the best fairy tales of all times " , but it hasn't dragon .

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry

Maybe "The Lost Dutchman Gold Mine," is one of the best fairy tales of all times " , but it hasn't dragon .

Oh yes, it has a "dragon!" Only in the American tale, the dragon is replaced by Indian warrior spirits and crazed hermit gold prospectors that kill and behead their victims!

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry

Of the two , I choose the " Indian warrior spirits " , who are not spirits because in the past the journals wrote about a lot of victims . The body mutilation and the head cuting are Indian warriors practices . Maybe they had protected their land or treasures . More of the victims was gold prospectors , and not warriors , who was very close to find a gold mine .
If the victims are real that means how the " Lost Dutchman mine " story is real .

P.S.

When I was a kid, I was afraid of ghosts stories . And my grandmother said : " Do not afraid them dead , you must afraid them alive "

Marius

Last edited:

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Treasure of Calalus?

Terry,

It may be one of the best, but it pales in comparison to the treasures of Oz, and the Tucson artifacts. Calalus my friend, Calalus.......Find that treasure, and you will change the history of America........Nay, the world.

Joe Ribaudo

You learn something new everyday; what is the Calalus treasure? Any info in earlier posts?

Thanks in advance,

Ellie B

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry

Of the two , I choose the " Indian warrior spirits " , who are not spirits because in the past the journals wrote about a lot of victims . The body mutilation and the head cuting are Indian warriors practices . Maybe they had protected their land or treasures . More of the victims was gold prospectors , and not warriors , who was very close to find a gold mine .
If the victims are real that means how the " Lost Dutchman mine " story is real .

Cool Mark. Whatever floats your boat is good with me! :icon_thumright:

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
such a fairy tale that some one thinks they can stumble on a truck load of pure gold .... he stole a cart of gold and dumped it in a ditch to go back and grab his retierment funds at any time he needed money .

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About LDM . Before hundred years was a fever , now is a fairy tale , and after a thousand years will become a myth .
In my country a proverb say : " No smoke without fire " .
And for them who can't find something and say a lot of excuses , a proverb say " The fox could not reach the grapes and said how it was sour "

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Old American saying: "There's a new sucker born every minute."

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
You learn something new everyday; what is the Calalus treasure? Any info in earlier posts?

Thanks in advance,

Ellie B

Ellie,

You can do a search using "Calalus" here, on the LDM Forum or Google it. I have gone a little farther in my search, but most of the results can be found simply by plugging "Calalus" or "Tucson Artifacts" into your search engine.

Good luck,

Joe

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry

Your mouth speaks hard words when you are miles afar , but never mind . I excuse you because you have a child reaction .
Maybe for this you like the fairy tales . Leave the fairy tales and read a book that says " How to improve my behavior " .

Marius

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember reading somewhere that the gold matched the Vulture mine where the Dutchman had worked. High grading was very common back then.

The whole story is very interesting, but I think the stolen gold is much more plausible.

As far as the "mysterious" deaths in that area, there are hundreds of people that search for this every year, so you are going to have a few nut jobs. People that go out of their mind searching, and see everyone else as a threat.

I did read an interesting book written by a team of LDM searchers in the 1960's who claimed to have found it, but it was worked out. I can't find the book, also possibly a hoax to stop other searchers.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Maven

All the stories about are interesting and plausible , and is very hard to prove the truth . The only thing who may be proved as truth is to find a gold mine which it has the most clues which match with the clues and maps of the LDM .

Many of us believe how the " Dutchman 's " clues which he gave at the death bed are void because he was ill with fever and he had speak in delirium . Personally , I don't believe it. I believe how he had his mind well and he had the time to make a map which today named " Julia Thomas map " . He had understand how he will die , and knowing that couldn't get the mine at underworld , he decided to tell where it was the location of his mine .

The " team of LDM searchers " maybe failed to convince the people how they found the real LDM because the mine remained " Lost " .
How they proved how the mine which did found was the LDM ?
The mine has carved above the name " Waltz " ?
The place matched with the most clues and maps which they knew ?

Is very easy to say something and to insult somebody ( I speak generally ) but is very hard to prove the truth .

Marius

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Marius, with all due respect, I grew up in Arizona. I have logged well over 3,000-miles hiked in the Superstition Mountains, and thousands more in the Bradshaw, Weaver, Date Creek and Harcuvar ranges. I've fought wildfires on the Mogollon Rim above Payson with the Forest Service, and been a gold prospector since I was about eight years old. I also run a business in Arizona.

You have a lot of opinions, but you seem a little short on facts.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry

Sometimes the things are most simply from what we believe , enought to look of the right angle .
I believe how many of us have a large hunting biography with many miles hiked in over the world .
The " hunters " must respect each other , and if they want , to share their knowledge to help others in their quest .

Marius

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread