an honest experiment

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
I've been reading this forum for a couple months.I find it VERY entertaining.I'm totally in the middle of the road when it comes to this subject so I would like to find out for myself if dowsing does or doesn't work to the best of my ability.I am very biased when it comes to this subject so if it is possible to do this it would be done with a fair conclusion either way.I believe that there could be some kind of energy mental,or supernatural that might lead me to what I'm specifically looking for.(I am open to that)Which as you can probably tell is Indian artifacts.My first question is,Can dowsing detect rock??Will they detect a specifically shaped rock??If so,Can I use wire hangers or would I have to purchase certain rods??Now I think I get the idea on how it works,I will read into it more and practice open-minded with it.As far as the experiment:I have a place that is littered with material,WAY TOO MUCH!!! I've walked it day after day after day flipping tons of material over and haven't found 1 point.However,I have found a few tools and pottery shards so I know there are points among all this material.I have nothing to lose by trying this method,since I will be going there anyway day after day after day ,and if it does work It would greatly benefit me,So believe me when I say, I want it to work!!! So with an open mind and nothing to lose,I at least will get an answer that I'm looking for and I'll post to this topic frequently with what I'm finding or not finding.. I'm probably stirring the "Stink pot" with this post,but I believe dowsing is possible.I just haven't seen many finds to verify it, for myself. HHGL!!! PALEO I'm bracing for the lynch!!!!

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Go ahead and give it a shot- post your results later and let us know if it helped at all. ie; if dowsing was any better than guessing, or flipping rocks.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
garbage in and garbage out. If you ask for stones you will find them everywhere. If you ask for worked stones and form a clear mental picture of what you want then you will have better luck. You may also want to specify unbroken worked stones so that you don't dig a bunch of heart-breakers. You could also specify a period of artifact such as Woodland - Clovis, etc. good luck, siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
paleoheadhunter

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Like I said,This is quite entertaining lynching or not.I would just like to know for myself mainly if it is possible.I don't get mixed up with too many conversations on this site so I'm not too worried about side taking in the matter,but I see alot of debate on the subject and I love debates.I also like proof.So I'll research into it, practice it,and I would love for it to work.It would settle a long time debate with myself of proof with science or mystery of spirituality.I forgot,My other question is.Do wire hangers work or does it need to be a certain metal or what?? HHGL!!! PALEO

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Paleoheadhunter…The coat hangers will work. After you learn that it works you will want so different rods. They are easy to make and I find that most any rod material I want to use is at ACE Hardware. I like 3/16 brass rods. I do not like the swing handles. I took a 35 mm film canister. I drilled a small hole through the sides near the bottom. I pushed the rods through the sides and slide the canister up near the handle. I use this as a witness chamber. You can put some of the materials that you are looking for in the canister. The material does not have to touch the rod but it has to be within a ¼ inch of the rod. These film canisters are getting harder to find. The last ones I got were at one of those hour processing places in the mall….Good Luck…Art

OP
OP
paleoheadhunter

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Thanks Art.I'll do that.I have a few 35mm canisters still around here and LOTS of material.I'm thinking,it's probably foolish to get involved in this debate seeing that whether it works or not it won't satisfy either party.Besides myself,of coarse that is my main selfish intention .I figure that if it doesn't work,I'll be told I didn't try hard enough and if it does I'll be told it was luck.Either way it would satisfy my need to know.I read in past posts about the paper plate experiment which is pretty much how I'm looking at this type.If anyone saw this spot and knew how many hours I've spent there,they would understand where I'm sure that this would be a perfect opportunity to test the theory. PALEO

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art and others,
ebay has lots of those black/semiclear pla. 35mm film canisters you can buy now. I'm not affiliated with these ads whatsoever.
Also, for dowsers that need a vial for gold dust or search for liquids that need a vial to put them in that will fit into those 35mm canisters, smallparts.com sells them under the laboratory selections
Part # 3232-H175700000 and #3232-H178700000
I suggest that you have a vial for each type of liquid you are looking for instead of one vial that you have potable water in,then pour it out and put a crude oil sample in next, or mercury.
Hope this helps,
Jon

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
You’re the kind of poster that is of interest me. I can’t tell you that you will find what you are looking for but I know if you can dowse it will increase your chances. We talk a lot about metals on this forum. We forget that using Dowsing you can locate anything that is of interest to you. It can be used to locate old fire rings and many other things that no other treasure seeking device will find. Some where on here I have an experiment where I locate the green breathe mints TicTac that were thrown all over a lawn. So if I a can give you any help please let me know….Art

OP
OP
paleoheadhunter

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Dell,I would lean more towards the paranormal.I find that when I'm hunting artifacts I tend to think that the site needs to get to know me first before I find anything.Call me CRAZY,many others have before,thats why I don't speak out too much on ODD subjects,but I think that the paranormal can influence the physical,so thats why I think that if it does indeed work.It will for me.I'm not the kind of person that goes and tries to contact the spiritual world and all that,but I believe that we all work on one massive energy.So I see it's possible.How bout the Mythbusters!! ;D PALEO

Thanks Art,That's pretty much my thought in it.For the impossible experiment I thought that if you had millions of quarters and only 2 had two heads.There's not much chance that you'll flip everyone to see which has two heads,but if a dowser can find it without flipping them that would show for the most part undeniable proof.Basically what I have,but instead of two headed quarters,I've got rocks. PALEO

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
You have a very tough site to search. I have never searched for this type of treasure. I can only give you suggestion on how to proceed….Art

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Paleo guy:

Go go, but remember how long it took you to learn to coordinate your eyes, or to simply walk, give dowsing the same amount of time, you might be pleasantly surprised..

Don Jose de La Mancha

BF750

Aug 2, 2007
NEPA, PA
Real de Tayopa said:
HI Paleo guy:

Go go, but remember how long it took you to learn to coordinate your eyes, or to simply walk, give dowsing the same amount of time, you might be pleasantly surprised..

Don Jose de La Mancha

Hello Don Jose,

I can't remember that far back, but my mother said I was up and running in no time. I like the analogy though, baby steps, one at a time.

BF750

OP
OP
paleoheadhunter

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Thank for all the tips.I don't spend too much time on the pc,so sorry if my replies are a little late.I kinda figured it would be difficult to learn.If it wasn't more people would be doing it.Just honing in to the energy is going to take some time,but fortunately I'm good with tuning my 6-12 senses in.Some say I spent too much time in the cow pastures in my development years. ;D I appreciate all and any tips though and look forward to this working. GL!!HH!! PALEO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread