an hour of CRHing this afternoon!!!

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
an hour of CRH'ing this afternoon!!!

I had an hour to burn, so I stopped at a few banks, I would say maybe five stops, and $200 in halves. For nothin. Then I stopped at a chase, got one roll, and score. A 1969. I was driving back to where I came from and noticed a small C.U. in a grocery store, I almost didnt even stop. So I go in and ask the question, and she says, Oh yeah, We have $180 worth of halves that I would love for you to take... They have been sitting in the vault for at least two years. I honest to god thought, this cruel, evil, devil woman knows what I am looking for and is giving it to me good right now, just to watch me squirm. I wondered if she could keep a straight face the whole time. I almost asked her, are you just F'ing with me? lol... So I did the usual in that moment, well, I will take a $100 of them, and might come back for the rest after I make a call. I go out to my car, and the very first roll had a 1967.... Well, guess I need to just chill out and stop being paranoid.... At that moment, I got tingley all over and really thought to myself that this was my moment to find... THE SOLID ROLL!!! Nope, didnt happen but I am definately happy about what I did find. I opened the other 9 to find 3 more 64's... Im sure you are wondering if I went back in and got the other 8 rolls... yes, about two minutes later. and I was dissapointed to open 8 straight rolls with... NOTHING. All the sudden, I was paranoid again, thinking... Did she go through them while I was in my truck? Did the other guy? blah blah blah. Is anyone else paranoid like this? It is interesting because I am usually not the type who gets all weird and paranoid.... So total haul was 2-40%ers and 3-90%'ers. I am happy with that, best I have ever done doing it that way.

Upvote 0

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Re: an hour of CRH'ing this afternoon!!!

Nice finds!!!!! Especially since it only took you an hour!!! I'd love to have results like that!

OP
OP
TheRockDoc

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011

clovis97 said:
Nice finds!!!!! Especially since it only took you an hour!!! I'd love to have results like that!
LOL... I guess it was probably more like 2 hours... Which is still very good results until you consider that I had spent about ten hours being skunked on my previous roll hunting excursions up to that point.. I love this hobby though.

BullionBaron

Feb 17, 2011

TheRockDoc said:
I had an hour to burn, so I stopped at a few banks, I would say maybe five stops, and $200 in halves. For nothin. Then I stopped at a chase, got one roll, and score. A 1969. I was driving back to where I came from and noticed a small C.U. in a grocery store, I almost didnt even stop. So I go in and ask the question, and she says, Oh yeah, We have $180 worth of halves that I would love for you to take... They have been sitting in the vault for at least two years. I honest to god thought, this cruel, evil, devil woman knows what I am looking for and is giving it to me good right now, just to watch me squirm. I wondered if she could keep a straight face the whole time. I almost asked her, are you just F'ing with me? lol... So I did the usual in that moment, well, I will take a $100 of them, and might come back for the rest after I make a call. I go out to my car, and the very first roll had a 1967.... Well, guess I need to just chill out and stop being paranoid.... At that moment, I got tingley all over and really thought to myself that this was my moment to find... THE SOLID ROLL!!! Nope, didnt happen but I am definately happy about what I did find. I opened the other 9 to find 3 more 64's... Im sure you are wondering if I went back in and got the other 8 rolls... yes, about two minutes later. and I was dissapointed to open 8 straight rolls with... NOTHING. All the sudden, I was paranoid again, thinking... Did she go through them while I was in my truck? Did the other guy? blah blah blah. Is anyone else paranoid like this? It is interesting because I am usually not the type who gets all weird and paranoid.... So total haul was 2-40%ers and 3-90%'ers. I am happy with that, best I have ever done doing it that way.

Just cuz yer paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS

nice finds! congrats! and yup, im paranoid too, it comes with the hobby :laughing9: Keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread