Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, this wasn't exactly "today" as this hunt occurred the afternoon of Christmas Day. I was waiting to post this until after I had the time to edit a short video.

My nephew who lives in Virginia has been hounding his mom and dad wanting a metal detector all year. Of course one showed up for Christmas. :)

I took him to a site near me that is used as a soccer field. There's always a few clad coins there so I thought it would be a great spot for him to try it out. He did use it for an hour or so around his house in VA and found some junk iron (he acutally received it a day or so before Christmas day before coming North) but this was the first time he found anything other than junk.

While it was only clad, it was fun watching him enjoy his new machine!

Attachments

• IMG_1248.JPG
    IMG_1248.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
Upvote 3

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like you may have a shadow for a spell....till He gets to know that machine....then watch out!

I see an upgrade in the future,I'm sure you'll give Him a good deal on one.:laughing7:

Nice to see a youngster plugging with His mentor showing the ropes!!!!:icon_thumright:

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I hope he will take to the hobby, only time will tell. If so we will definitely upgrade his equipment, and you will know when a used Compadre shows up on our website. Lol

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish someone had introduced me to coin hunting when I was that age. Thinking more about it though we would have been using dousing rods back in 1965. Hope he gets addicted to the hobby as it's so much better then video games.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread