An Incredible Act Of Kindness

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received a PM from a member on Arrowheadology a while back stating they would like to send me something for my states collection from California. I volunteered to return something from my area and they said no need, to just consider it a gift. Well, today I check the mailbox and there's the box in there from Cali. I pick it up and notice it has some weight to it so I figure there are few nice Points and Tools in there. I was blown away when I opened the box and pulled this out. To say I was overwhelmed is the understatement of the year. I never in my wildest dreams imagined something this amazing. I love Beads. They are probably my favorite artifact to find and here in my hands was 203 very nice examples from just south of Sacremento.

I'm not going to mention their name in case they want to stay in the shadows. I will leave that up to them if they want to come forward. I will say I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your kindness and generosity brought tears to my eyes. Thank you very much!!

Attachments

• 2016-05-31 14.23.26.jpg
    2016-05-31 14.23.26.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 2016-05-31 21.26.57.jpg
    2016-05-31 21.26.57.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 2016-05-31 14.23.38.jpg
    2016-05-31 14.23.38.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a nice gift for your collection. Its fun having friends that enjoy the same hobbies. What type of beads are they?

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fell off my chair, congrats! Really nice gesture. Takes something to pull a tear from The Gream Reaper ;)

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Very nice gift and congrats. Beads are my favorite finds also.

I find that very few people care about our artifacts and show little interest in them. Maybe the giver knows your love for the hobby and knew they were going to a good place. I don't know what I am going to do with our stuff when the time comes. Our kids show little interest.

OP
OP
The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice gift and congrats. Beads are my favorite finds also.

I find that very few people care about our artifacts and show little interest in them. Maybe the giver knows your love for the hobby and knew they were going to a good place. I don't know what I am going to do with our stuff when the time comes. Our kids show little interest.

We have talked before so I'm sure he knew of my love for Beads. I have probably found at least 500+ by myself here on some of my sites.

I hope my son takes my collection and keeps it. He had an interest when he was younger and found some nice pieces but kind of grew out of it as he got older. He still likes them when I show him new finds and he says he will take them so they are his after I'm gone.

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a wonderful surprise! Those are beautiful!

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great gift to receive. The fact that they sent you something is good enough. But a complete set of beads is amazing. Enjoy!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread