An Incredible Day....And I Aint Making This Stuff Up

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
An Incredible Day....And I Ain't Making This Stuff Up

familydayone.jpg

Yesterday was family day in Edmonton, which means most people get the day off, and most things are free such as the art gallery, museum, swimming pools etc. However, because I work for an essential service, I had to work. :( Now I new lots of people would be heading to those snow hills for all kinds fun, especially going down on garbage can lids, cardboard, garbage bags and toboggans. I got up early and spent 6 hours combing those hills for whatever surprise they might give up.

Well, after about an hour of hunting, I had to go and empty my bladder. Men's privileges allowed me to head of to a nice grove of trees and do my thing. Nobody around for miles. But go figure, I heard a telephone ring??? And when I headed to search for it it quit ringing. Am I losing my mind I thought?

No....about a half an hour I found a cell phone sitting in the grove of tree, where some person spear headed off the hill into the trees. It was just sitting there quietly, on top of the snow. :)

familydaypop.jpg

Now that was a great find! And the phone still worked after I warmed it up. And a couple hours later, I got a POLAROID Camera also just sitting on top of the snow. How lucky can a guy get! Well, I hit two more hills, the called it a day. I got just under 20 bucks in loot and some great exercise.

Not much to say about the bottle opener below, other then it was buried a couple of inches in the snow....... :laughing9:

Attachments

• family day q.jpg
    family day q.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 322

outdoors

Jun 23, 2008
el cajon, california
Detector(s) used
GTI2500, GTAX550, MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO,
PROPOINTER, GARRETT AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: An Incredible Day....And I Ain't Making This Stuff Up

luck must be on your side, or your just in the right spot at the right time :occasion14:

Sturgell

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
???????
Re: An Incredible Day....And I Ain't Making This Stuff Up

I have been using your sledding hill techniques and it turns out that it works even in warmer states. Remember that sledding hills have most likely been used for a long time and in the more southern states not a lot of people pay them much attention, which benefits the few that do I guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread