Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably have to have an account. I guess coin collecting is now un American if they told me that ID pull all my money out of there and go someplace friendly

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are plenty of places that want your money and offer incentives to open new accounts. Find one that offers cash for new accounts and find out their policy for rolls, ordering boxes, etc.

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Several branches of chase order me boxes every week, sounds like they don’t want to deal with you

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
Not a policy, but make sure you have an account. I just got some coins from a Chase this afternoon. I don't order boxes - i just get 50$ or so at a time. At a few chase branches they know I buy rolls because I am a collector and they are very supportive. They even save me halves, large dollars, etc if they get them.

OP
OP
NoThisIsPatrick

NoThisIsPatrick

Jan 8, 2015
Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an account and hadn’t had any issues at other Chase banks. She probably just didn’t want to pick up any boxes or rolls tbh

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I have an account and hadn’t had any issues at other Chase banks. She probably just didn’t want to pick up any boxes or rolls tbh

This is a rare instance in which I’d speak to a manager. Assuming of course you aren’t overdoing it, like ordering 10 boxes a week or taking them back to Chase...

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently Chase has installed a new policy that you cannot purchased rolled coins for the purpose of coin collecting...

Is this a thing? Or did this branch just have lazy tellers?

What is your behavior?

Are you buying and returning to the same branch?

Are the tellers older and less able to move these boxes?

Are you ordering in a particularly large quantity, or a special order denomination like halves?

I think it's lazy tellers, and ultimately they are making something up to not do extra work.

However, there may be ways to adapt behavior so they have less to be upset about.

I've usually asked branches "how many can I order that you'd be comfortable with?" and "What is a day you'd like me to pick them up?" The less headaches I cause, the happier they are to work with me.

OP
OP
NoThisIsPatrick

NoThisIsPatrick

Jan 8, 2015
Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is your behavior?

Are you buying and returning to the same branch?

Are the tellers older and less able to move these boxes?

Are you ordering in a particularly large quantity, or a special order denomination like halves?

I think it's lazy tellers, and ultimately they are making something up to not do extra work.

However, there may be ways to adapt behavior so they have less to be upset about.

I've usually asked branches "how many can I order that you'd be comfortable with?" and "What is a day you'd like me to pick them up?" The less headaches I cause, the happier they are to work with me.

I just got back into town and this is the first time I’ve been into this bank in well over 6 months. The only other time I went in, I asked for half dollars and they gave me two rolls. The only other thing I can think of is some other crh-er who overdid it and wore them dry to the point that they don’t want to deal with collectors anymore

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Try other Chase branches, most likely it's just that branch. Or, try it again, but make it on a different day with a different teller.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Banks don’t want to deal with cash. The less cash they have to handle, the better off they are.
They can set their own rules. I dealt with several banks years ago, that would refuse known silver or collectable coin, and direct customers to a LCS.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got back into town and this is the first time I’ve been into this bank in well over 6 months. The only other time I went in, I asked for half dollars and they gave me two rolls. The only other thing I can think of is some other crh-er who overdid it and wore them dry to the point that they don’t want to deal with collectors anymore

Sounds like you've done everything right then. It can just be cranky tellers who view you as an inconvenience, or someone ruined the perception of CRHing there.

That's the WORST. I had a guy that ordered massive amounts of boxes. He would go 2 at a time, open and sort in his car in the parking lot, return the loose halves, ask them to run the coins in the teller operated machine, and buy more boxes. He would do this with an 8 or 10 box stretch. He and then I got cut off by his bad behavior.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread