An introduction of sorts

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all! Just thought I'd make a post introducing myself to everyone. I'm the lurker who has been secretly judging you all for the past few months. Jk but I have been lurking here for quite some time! Anyways, found this forum through a google search on CRH. Before that I had gotten interested in CRH through various different sections of the website reddit (they've got a decent size coin community there... Weaselbrott runs a CRH sub but its kind of dead there these days). You guys have a great community here and it really is a good resource. I've picked up more than a few tips an tricks along the way myself but coming here definitely helps. It's also a big pick me up when you get a few skunk boxes and you can come here to see everyone else's scores. Lets you know it's still out there!
Whatever the case, on to the hunt! I really only actively hunt dimes. I'll do a few boxes a week. I think the most I ever got done was like 12 boxes? I generally don't bother asking for CWR because the tellers in the area will give you a blank. My success with dimes, given the posts I see here, are pretty good. When I first started I was riding high. It wasn't rare to hit 3 silvers a box. 5 a box was common. My record for one box was 7 silver US dimes and a silver Canadian. Recently that has dwindled. I'll search 2 boxes at a time and come up with 3 on average, usually less. Also hit numerous skunks in a row. It is what it is. I'm happy with my results. I've searched halves once and score 3x 40%ers out of 2 boxes. Also scores with a teller upon asking for halves... She handed me $11 in them and 7 were 40%. Other than that, I'm a dime guy although I may start hitting halves in the New Year. I'll also mention I do pennies every so often just to break the monotony and to "score" when t silver finds are crappy. Anyways, that's me! Look forward to contributing when I can:)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Btw, I'll update my signature, profile, and all that other jazz when I get home. Using the iPhone app right now. It's pretty good but I'd rather have the functionality of my laptop to do all that stuff. Cheers guys!

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome dude.. You will find that the majority of hunters on here are searching halves.. Lately I have been big on searching dimes.. Not sure if anyone puts in as much time as me on dimes, so it will be great to see your posts.. Good luck

OP
OP
R

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ColonialCravings said:
Welcome dude.. You will find that the majority of hunters on here are searching halves.. Lately I have been big on searching dimes.. Not sure if anyone puts in as much time as me on dimes, so it will be great to see your posts.. Good luck

It seems that way! Don't get me wrong, I love halves. The thought of finding a standing liberty is pretty awesome to me. However, they just aren't as convenient for me as dimes. I don't have to set up a routine/schedule with them. If I want to hunt, I go for a drive, stop at a few banks, and pick up a box at each place. With halves it's a little more work with figuring out when orders are placed, when they are delivered, and how I work those into my rotating work schedule. Not knocking anyone here but to each his own! I'm a little more casual about the hunt than most here.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the madness. Nothing wrong with dimes. Look forward to your finds.

Im a fan of Dimes...Found many mercs and LOTS of roises...PLus i always get the clear rolls, and just open the ones that show Silver ( or candian dimes), and my bank takes them back in the clear plactic wrappers

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the site, dimes were treating me pretty good, but it seems I dried them all up, last 4 boxes, all 2012's. Always give the half dollar the priority.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site, dimes were treating me pretty good, but it seems I dried them all up, last 4 boxes, all 2012's. Always give the half dollar the priority.

Hey man...I got a box of all 2012's, and sold a bunch of them as Uncirculated, because they were in amazing shape...and i was getting about 1 buck a piece after the ebay BS fees...I mainly did it to build up my Feedbacks..but the peeps were happy

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey man, really glad to see you on here now. You are a great contributor to the CRH sub. The sub definitely dwindled as the colder months have approached, and I have also posted less content there and more on here lately. Hope to see you a little bit on here and there.

WB

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome RPG. I like dimes myself although I also do halves and nickels. I do six boxes of dimes and whatever cwr I can get. I tend to do better with the cwr lately.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems that way! Don't get me wrong, I love halves. The thought of finding a standing liberty is pretty awesome to me.

Welcome!:occasion15:

The halves would be walking liberty, standing liberty is only for quarters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread