An Old Find But My Best

Eric90

Feb 23, 2013
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, Technically I'm new here but I've been here before under a different name but I thought I'd start fresh.

It's not the greatest thing in the world but when I was about 16 or so I found an old cow bell in the woods. It's my favorite and best find because really I never found anything besides old tools or car parts because when I was younger I never had an oppritunity to dig anywhere other then my yard.

But I found this cow bell in the woods near my house I say its my best find cause it was random and surprising I wasn't expecting to dig that up at all. it got me thinking about the history of the land I live on I assumed that at one time the neighborhood where I live must have been one big farmland. I have the bell hanging on my wall

Attachments

• Cowbell.JPG
    Cowbell.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 220
Upvote 1

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have discovered so much history close to my house, history that can only be revealed by digging out of the ground...the finds might not be flashy but they seem particularly special. I have researched my property, talked with every old timer I could talk to, but nothing paints a better picture of the old days than digging up a relic like that cow bell. Good luck on your search.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like it, old relics like that are nice with some wax on them. Well done.:icon_thumleft:

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a nice find. I used to collect horse shoes. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread