An underwater tunnel

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
So we found some kind of really deep underwater tunnel. It looked exactly like a hollow tree but when you broke it off, it was red clay or something. Maybe an old indian fire pit which used to be on land. But we reached our hands way down inside it about 3 feet of our arms, and never found the bottom, we stuck a full size shovel down and never found the bottom. It's really weird, any ideas?

Attachments

• weird hole.jpg
    weird hole.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,120
  • weird hole2.jpg
    weird hole2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,089
  • weird hole3.jpg
    weird hole3.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,370
Upvote 0
OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
There is none reported anywhere in the area. But maybe it's an unknown one?

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Natural spring?
Baggins

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
OMG You found the hole to China!! :o lol
Joe

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is really neat...alls ya need is one of those lil robot camera doo hickys and drop it down there and see whats in there... aren't ya dying to know... I know I am..but forget it, I dont volunteer for that kinda stuffs... lol...

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Hey if you want to buy one for me, ill be happy to send a robot down it! I am thinking of going back with a high powered underwater flash light and looking down it.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Its a natural sring, I have found them along creeks even in Non rocky land, pile a damn of earth around it above the waters line and have a drink when it fills up and clears

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find ;D

HH

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Its an hour away from home, I wish it was closer so I could do some more tests to it. Who knows maybe its a beaver hole. But a spring most likely.

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Maybe, but the thing is, that its not a pipe or anything man-made. It's either a hollow tree, or red clay.

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Might be some kind of monster under there...you might stick your hand in there & pull out a nub!!!!

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Steve in Michigan said:
Artisian Well. Nice!

Steve in Michigan

Yes thats the proper word (artisian well)Its lined with red oxide (clay) from yrs of flowing out of the depths.
Just like a toilet turns red when its hooked to a well rather than City water.

As I said when you get back to it build a small damn around it and it will fill up with good clean drinkable water.
I used to find them along Mustang Bayou in Manvel Texas when I'd walk the creek as a kid.
Pretty cool find.

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Awesome that sounds like a good find then. I am taking a couple days off, and then it's back to exploring!

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you try detecting area around it? Natural springs like this sometimes gathering points for people to fill up on great, pure water. Every once in awhile find them on old roads here in Ohio, coming out of side of hill or something. Sometimes they built stone structures around them...your's obviously different than here, but maybe used in a similar way in the past? Just a thought...

Maybe coins at the bottom too, like a wising well? Good luck figuring it out, very cool!

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Hmm I left the metal detector in the car at the time, the reason I didn't go back was because I parked at least a mile at a bridge up stream and it's a rough walk downstream.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread